If you are planning to shift from an Android Phone to an iPhone you have certainly made a very smart move. You are going to have a great time with your iPhone. But if you are worried about your data and do not know how to transfer all your data to your new iPhone, then you have visited the right place.
Switching over to an iPhone will no longer be an issue since I will tell you all the ways by which you can transfer your data and contacts over to your new iPhone. And there are many ways by which you can do this. Lets check them out one by one.
a) Transfer your Videos, Music and Photos using iTunes
This is the method using which you can transfer your Videos, Music and Photos over to your iPhone. If you want to use this method, then follow these steps:
1. Make a new folder on your computer.
2. Put all your Photos and Videos in it and arrange them into sub folders as per your choice.
3. Make another folder and put all your Music files into it.
4. Now open iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer.
5. Once detected, at the topside you should see a menu bar like this:
6. Select the PHOTOS option in this menu bar.
7. On the screen that comes up, select the Folder that you had created earlier in which you had put all your Photos and Videos.
8. Once done, check the box that says ‘Include Videos’.
9. If everything is done correctly you should see a window shown below:
11. Now go back to the SUMMARY option in the Top Menu Bar and scroll down to find a window like this:
12. Make sure you check the Boxes that I have checked in the above image. It is very important that you Check Mark the ‘Manually Manage Music and Videos’ option because that makes things a lot simpler.
13. Now on the left center area of iTunes you should see your iPhone being listed as follows:
14. As you can see, there is a tab named Music. Simply drag all the songs and other music files you want and drop it over the Music tab. This will copy all your Music to your iPhone.
b) Transfer your Videos, Music and Photos using Third Party Apps
This method is very useful for people who want full control over their data and the way they can handle it. If you sync your data using the iTunes Method above, then you will not be able to edit, delete or hide any Video, Music file or Photo. So follow this quick and easy method to manage your data with a more flexible and custom approach:
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer.
2. Open iTunes and download the apps named ‘BUZZ PLAYER’ and ‘PHONE DRIVE’. It is okay if you can find any other similar apps. It is not necessary that you specifically have to download these apps only.
3. Once downloaded, sync and install these apps onto your iPhone.
4. Once you see these Apps on your iPhone, again go to iTunes and in the Top Side Menu Bar select the second tab named APPS.
5. Scroll down and you will see something like this:
6. Now simply drag and drop all your Music and Videos to BUZZ Player and they will all get copied into it. The best part here is that you can copy Music and Videos of almost any format since BUZZ Player supports all of them. You can access them by opening the BUZZ Player app.
7. Similarly drag and drop all your Photos, Notepad files and PDF Files onto Phone Drive. They will also get copied into the app and can be accessed by opening the Phone Drive App on your iPhone.
8. Another awesome point here is that third party apps like BUZZ Player and Phone Drive allow you to lock your content using password systems so that no one has direct access to them even if they do open the apps.
9. And by the way, if your downloaded app is not present in the list above, it means that you cannot directly transfer data and files from or to it.
c) Transfer Mail, Contacts and Calendar Events using iTunes
This method is easy to use but the initial steps might differ from device to device depending upon which phone you want to shift from. The idea is to transfer your data from your old phone to the Mac or PC and then transfer it to your iPhone using iTunes. So follow these steps:
1. Connect your Android Phone to your PC or Mac and sync your Mail, Contacts and Calendar Events to Microsoft Outlook or Mac Address Book respectively.
2. This will sync all your data on to your PC or Mac and can be accessed by other applications like iTunes.
3. Now open iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer.
4. Now from the Top Side Menu Bar, which I showed earlier, select the INFO tab and you should see windows like these:
5. Check Mark all the options you want and click on SYNC.
6. iTunes will transfer and sync all those details onto your iPhone.
d) Transfer Mail, Contacts and Calendar Events using Google or Yahoo
Using this method, you can transfer your Mail, Contacts and Calendar Events to your iPhone with the help of Google Sync or Yahoo Sync. For this method to work, you first need to see to it that you have all your Mails, Contacts and Calendar Events ready and synced to your Google or Yahoo Account. If not, then simply sync your current Android Phone to any of the above accounts and then follow these steps:
1. On your iPhone go to Settings -> Mails, Contacts, Calendar.
2. Once there, add your Google or Yahoo Account details to your new iPhone.
3. After your account is verified and ready for access, you can now sync whichever options you want to your iPhone by simply selecting those options.
4. Your iPhone might ask you whether you want to ‘Overwrite existing data and records’ or ‘Merge them’.
5. Select the option of your choice and you are done.
6. An important point to be noted here is that this method can also be used if you have a Hotmail Account or Exchange Account. You can use any of the options available in the list shown on your iPhone.
And here is how to transfer data from an iPhone to an Android Phone.