As I mentioned in my previous post, Facebook is great, but falls short in certain aspects. For instance, you may have observed every time someone tags you in a photo, writes on your timeline or sends a message to you via Facebook you receive an email. Although Facebook uses this feature to alert you about your friends’ activities it can be quite annoying, especially when you receive more than 30 emails a day, all without your consent.
Those who would like to know and learn the ways to turn off this feature, read this post. It’s short and easy!
How to disable Email notifications from Facebook?
- Login into your Facebook account.
- Then, click on the drop-down menu of your homepage and choose ‘Account Settings’.
- Next, click on ‘Notifications’ tab and head towards ‘All Notifications’.
- Then, click on ‘Edit’ and uncheck features for which you would not like to receive any sort of email notifications.
- Finally, click on ‘Save Changes’ to save all the changes you have made recently.
Before carrying out the last step, I suggest you to uncheck the box under ‘Email Frequency at the top of the page. Only then, you will be able to uncheck other options.
How to change display name of Facebook account?
- Assuming you are logged in, go to ‘Account Settings’ option at top right of your home page.
- An Account Settings page will show up on your computer screen with ‘General’ tab highlighted.
- Next, click on ‘Edit’ button, just adjacent to your displayed name and update your First name, Middle name and Last name.
- One can also update and add ‘Alternative name’ to his Facebook profile.
- Once changes are made and complete, save the settings by entering your password and then click ‘Save Changes’ button to submit new information.
Please note that it will take at least 24hrs (or 48hrs) for new name details to become visible.