Good things come to those who wait! Having said that, it is important to mention such good thing takes time and patience to happen but the results can be highly rewarding particularly for those with an artistic eye. With these intentions, some developers have come up with a novel application – PsykoPaint.
Online painting tool
PsykoPaint is an online painting tool, a free web application that via its tools turns your photos into wonderful paintings. Unlike many photo-editing software based on filters, it works by sampling colors of the original photo to create a new image.
The painting tool has 3 basic modes,
- Good Old painting
- Paint A Photo
- Try A Sample
Each mode grants access to most of its functionalities, except the layer functionality, which can only be accessed only after registration. A very standout feature of the application is that it allows integration with Facebook, thereby allowing a user to post his recently created paintings on his wall in one click and share with the online community.
How to use PsykoPaint
- Upload a photo from your computer system. This process does not require the registration
- The application includes a few sample pictures to get you started. Besides, it also lets you draw on a blank page if you prefer not to use a model.
- Click Paint to start painting your photo. A set of brushes are available in the lower left section of the screen. These brushes define the art style.
- Click on ‘Show detail’ link in the ‘Brush’ menu to open a bunch of sliders to customize the selected brush. Here, you can change the size and opacity of each brush with the help of sliders in the main interface.
- The Options menu, on the other hand, includes shortcuts to useful tools like the eraser, the undo option, together with a tutorial.
- Once your painting is completed, you can save it to your hard drive in .PNG or share it online in the PsykoPaint gallery.
- Free web application, gives your images an original painting feel
- Easy to use
- Includes unique and highly customizable brushes (knife, ribbon, cannon, etc)
- Includes real-time Filters (saturation, hue, brightness, contrast, tint, etc). New Filters added regularly
- Saves images directly onto your computer
- Allows sharing paintings on social networking sites (Facebook)
To sum up, PsykoPaint appears to be an interesting application for artistic as well as non-artistic person. It requires no special skills for its usage.
To get started visit PsykoPaint.