If you are a frequent traveler, anything that makes your trip a little simpler and less stressful must find a place in your checklist. The Apple Watch does all the work for you. RIght from flashing a boarding pass to easily communicating with family across crowded places, you can use Apple Watch to make traveling a smooth experience. Here is our Best Apple Watch Travel Tips.
Best Apple Watch Travel Tips
Apple Watch is not just for fitness or tracking time, you can also use it during travel for making your trip even better.
Add boarding pass or ticket to Apple Wallet
Almost all airline services provide an ‘add Boarding pass to your Apple Wallet’ option in their iOS Apps. So, when you have the seat number, open the airline’s iOS app. Then add the boarding pass with the QR code to the Apple Wallet.
Post this, your boarding pass will appear in the wallet on the Apple Watch. It will also show up in notifications on the Apple Watch Screen, just before your flight.
To furnish it as a proof for entry at the gate, select the boarding pass in the Apple Watch wallet and access its QR code. Scan this QR code at the Gate.
Please note that passes automatically appear at the right time since they have the required information (time or location) inside it.
Walkie-Talkie feature in Apple Watch enables easy communication with friends and family members. With just a few taps, you can send short voice messages to coordinate lunch with a traveling companion.
Get the weather report
Your outdoor party can sometimes get ruined by unpleasant weather. As such, getting a report on weather forecast before venturing out and planning something is advisable. Apple Watch can come to your rescue here. It can tell you how hot or wet it’s likely to be, and provide all the information about air quality, UV rays, and wind speed. Just launch the Weather app, tap your location, and scroll down to learn more about the day’s conditions.
Turn on Water Lock
Apple Watch comes with an inbuilt protection against water. It locks the touchscreen to stop it being activated by moving water. While it turns on automatically, in case it starts raining again while you are on the move you can manually turn it on.
- Swipe in from the left and look for a droplet icon.
- Tap on it to turn on Water Lock.
- You’ll need to rotate the dial before using any onscreen functions.
Take photos with your watch
You can use your watch to take photos which is useful
- Launch the camera app on the app watch. This will launch the camera app on your iPhone.
- Point your iPhone of which you want to take a shot. You can also view the shot on your apple watch.
- When its right, you can tap the white circle on the watch screen to take a photo, or hit the ‘3s’ button to use a three-second delay.
Send Money with Apple Pay
Lastly, if you are out on a date with someone and missing cash in your pocket, you can save the embarrassment by using Apple Pay. Simply open the Messages app on Apple Watch, tap Apple Pay, and pay the bill. Alternatively, you can raise your wrist and say to Siri, “Pay 25 dollars to ……”
Thus, with so many features at hand and just a click away, you can manage your traveling easier and in a hassle-free manner.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android