Google Fit service by the company is available on wide range of gadgets, running any operating system. If you have a fitness tracker device that can pair to your Android smartphone, it is easier to track your goals and statistics using the Google Fit. Here is how you can setup and connect fitness tracker with Google Fit app.
What is Google Fit?
Google Fit is a digital health tracker platform developed by the Android’s parent company. The service is currently available to access from Computer, Smartphones, Tablets, etc. It keeps the track record from the physical sensors of paired devices. The specific API for tracking supports almost every tracking devices and related apps. Recently launching Android smartphones have the feature inbuilt to support fitness tracker data sync. However, it is considered one of the best global platforms to sync and connect fitness tracker with Google Fit.
How to connect fitness tracker with Google Fit?
Connect Fitness Trackers
- Download Google Fit app on your Android smartphone from Google Play Store.
- Log in with your Google Account.
- Now, you are all set with the initial app setup.
- Go to Google Play Store and download the corresponding tracker manager app for your fitness band. The apps for each tracker bands differ with each brand. For example, Xiaomi’s Mi Band uses Mi-Fit, Fit bit app for Fitbit wearable devices, etc.
- Complete the pairing up and initial setup using the brand apps.
- Next, connect fitness tracker with Google Fit from the official tracker app. Here is one example to show you how you can connect the tracker apps and Google Fit.
- Mi Band: Open Mi Fit App > Settings > Accounts > Sync with Google Fit.
Connect Android Wear smartwatch with Google Fit
Apart from the standalone fitness tracker devices available in the market for cheaper rates, the smartwatches that the OEMs launch also aim at the smart fitness. Like any other fitness bands, the smartwatches also integrate many sensors including heart rate monitor, pedometer, etc. Here is how you can pair wearable smartwatch that runs Android Wear operating System on board.
- First of all, connect your smartwatch with your Android smartphone.
- Install Wear OS app on your smartphone.
- Open and tap on “Set it up.”
- You can see the nearby smartwatches including your model. Tap on your wearable device name from the smartphone interface.
- You can see some code on both smartphone and watch the screen. If both are same, tap on”Pair” and wait for the connection. If the codes are not the same, restart the devices and try again.
- Download and install Googe Fit on both the smartphone and smartwatch.
- There is no need of further in-app setup if your smartwatch is running the Android Wear OS. Make sure that the Google accounts signed in to both the devices are same, in order to enable the sync and establish the successful connection.
After you finish setting up the Google Fit app, you can view real-time data from your fitness tracker with your exercise and health information. Hope the article helps you to set up the standard wearable devices and connect fitness tracker with Google Fit app.