Listening to the music in plain, or two-channel system has become an old story now. Everyone wants to hear songs, watch movies and play games in a multi-channel speaker system which creates a surrounding sound effect. Don’t worry if you do not have one such speaker system. It is now possible to get that on Android smartphones too. The following guide will take you through the steps that describe how to get Virtual Surround Sound in Android or Install Dolby. Before that, try to understand a little about virtual surround sound.
What is Virtual Surround Sound?
Have you ever heard any songs or music using multi-channel sound system (5.1, 7.1, etc.)? You could experience music from multiple angles from different speakers. Thus, placing each channel speaker at distinct corners will provide you an immersive feeling. Also, the surround sound is used in movies and games. While playing games, you could hear the sound effects in corresponding speakers which helps you play the games more realistically. The Virtual Surround Sound is the same mechanism that brings the same sound effect to the standard stereo or mono output devices.
While the surround sound speaker system uses multiple speakers, only the software is used in virtual surround sound effects you to provide similar immersive experience. It creates a delay between channel outputs to provide such multi-dimensional hearing experience. The virtual surround system works well with stereo speaker outputs. As most of the smartphones have a mono speaker out, we recommend you to use headphones to get the immerse sound experience on your Android smartphone to experience it.
How to get Virtual Surround Sound in Android?
There are currently many apps available, both independent and embedded, to use with Android smartphones. They are just temporary. So, you can uninstall them later. Another way is to flash the most popular Dolby Atmos, which provides an enhanced sound quality.
Install Noozxoid App
For the standalone app installation method, we use Noozxoid EIZO-rewire PRO app from Google Play Store to bring you the virtual surround sound experience. Follow the steps below.
- Install and open Noozxoid EIZO-rewire PRO app on your Android phone.
- Tap on Line-out to set the surround feature to headphones, speakers, etc. If you want to configure the app for your smartphone’s inbuilt speaker, choose Built-In.
- Check “Deliver balanced natural sound.”
- Tap and enable “Increase the monitor size with added psycho-acoustic.” It will provide you a sound experience from big speakers.
- Set effect strength to large.
- Tap on create room size and choose the “focus.”
Now you are all set and you can hear music with virtual surround sound effect.
Install Dolby Atmos
Using Dolby Atmos is the best option to get the virtual surround sound on your Android smartphone. You cannot get the feature as an app. So, it is required to flash the Dolby Atmos manually. Here is how.
- Make sure your smartphone meets the following requirements.
- TWRP Recovery.
- Unlocked Bootloader.
- Here is how to unlock bootloader and install TWRP.
- Download and copy the Dolby Atmos setup zip file to your smartphone’s internal storage.
- Go to TWRP Recovery mode.
- Tap on Install > Choose the zip file > Swipe to confirm flash.
- After flashing, reboot the smartphone.
- Open Dolby Atmos app and choose the preset.
You are all set. Enjoy the music with the virtual surround sound settings on your Android smartphone.