PhonePe is an India based digital payment system which works with BHEEM UPI interface as well. Just like any other payment system you can use it to pay utility bills, recharge and so on. If at some moment you decide to delete or deactivate Phonepe account, in a way, you can do that.
Steps to delete or deactivate PhonePe account
As of now, PhonePe hasn’t rolled out an option to completely remove your account. Instead, they offer you to close the wallet and stop using the existing PhonePe account. It’s because it’s related to the money, and its best to get it through the proper process so nobody can misuse.
Note: Make sure to print any transactions and receipts detail before deletion. (History section)
Steps to deactivate PhonePe account using the app
- Make sure to use all the non-withdrawal PhonePe Wallet balance.
- If you have PhonePe Gold, sell it.
- Launch the app, and then click on the question mark icon or the Help section.
- Navigate to Other Topics > PhonePe Account > Account related issues > Deleting an account
- Use the contact us button to reraise a request for Wallet closer when you have zero balance in your account.
- The support will get back to you and verify before closer of your Wallet. It may take 2-3 days to delete your deactivate your PhonePe account.
Once the wallet is closed, you can choose not to use PhonePe any more. However, you can always get it reactivated. You can revive either using the app, complete your KYC again, or connect with support to get your account activated yet if you have any issues.