Satisfying the customer is the most challenging job a service company faces. For a BPO company, the consistent delivery of high-quality customer service defines how they perform as a service company. It shows their experience and the quality and efficiency of the company as a provider of outsourced services.
Customer satisfaction is the ultimate goal of any contact center, and it plays a vital role in gaining the trust of the corporate client and customers’ loyalty to the organization.
What is customer satisfaction?
Before delving deeper into how a BPO can improve its customer satisfaction score, you should at least know that it is a gauge to measure the customer’s feelings about a product, interaction, or service. Customer satisfaction is known in the industry as CSAT. It represents a number, and the BPO that gets a higher score means that the customers are adequately satisfied.
The CSAT scores rely on the overall experience of the customers on the service given to them by agents they interact with, which means part of the scores depend on how the agents utilize the knowledge management software they use and its efficiency.
How to improve CSAT scores
A BPO can choose from several ways to improve its customer service scores, and here are a few of them.
- Shortening the waiting time. Customers who call the helpdesk or customer service assistance want their problem resolved at once. They do not want to wait. Moreover, they hate being put on hold. A call center sees to it that they have enough agents to take the calls immediately. Or they should give the customer to choose a callback option.
- Using the lessons learned from their mistakes. Call center agents are humans, and making a mistake is inevitable. There are ways to ensure that agents avoid making mistakes. What is more vital is for the company to learn from their mistakes to help them improve their performance. Customer feedback helps call centers to know which areas of their service need to upgrade immediately.
- Building trust by keeping their promises. Too much is riding on customers getting their request fulfilled and meeting their expectations. It’s a gauge of customer satisfaction, as it builds a stronger relationship, not only with the organization but also with the customers calling for assistance.
- Letting agents know what the center expects from them. The success of a BPO company comes from the performance of their agents. Despite the management and productivity tools at their disposal, the agents are the ones in contact with the customers. So the company should let them know what kind of performance they want from the call center agents and what role they play in making the company productive and successful.
- Making the service more personalized. Management should see to it that their agents treat customers like they are the essential thing during the entire call, which is a significant boost in earning their satisfaction.
Regular training and updating the knowledge of call center agents are vital to enhancing and improving the CSAT scores of any BPO company.