If you are a student, then you understand how often situations happen when young people would spend all of their time on social media instead of studying, and because of that, they had trouble at school and at home. Of course, if you enjoy social media it does not mean that you will have the same problem as well.
Still, social media has a huge impact on students and how well they do at school. If you want to have good grades and study well, learn more about the effects of social media and try to change the influence on your own performance as well.
Effects of social media on the students
These days, most young people use social media a lot. Even though it is a fun way to spend time and allows you to find new friends, still it has a negative influence on the way you perform in school or college. Here are some of the ways in which social media might impact your studies:
- Students will not be focused on their studies. As many studies state, students are less concentrated because of the influence of social media and the internet in general. It is true for adults as well. Many students try to multitask, and this is not a good thing to do. If you feel like you are overwhelmed, instead of trying to do everything at once, it is best to use professional and legit paper writing services online in order to get done with the assignments you have.
- Young people will spend less time studying. Social media might not take up a lot of your time and you might not even notice it. Sometimes you just want to check the messages and spend only a few minutes, but later you realize that you have been on social media for an hour or so.
- There is a huge risk of students being bullied online. Cyberbullying is one of the dangers that social media might bring to the lives of teenagers. Often other teens go online anonymously and mock their classmates or just other teens for fun. That has a huge influence on their mental health, and as a result, they become depressed and lose any will to study. If you or a loved one are currently struggling with your mental health, reach out to https://www.betterhelp.com/
start/and get the support you deserve today.
- Less sleep. Students spend a lot of their time on social media, and often they go to bed late at night. They watch videos and post pictures on their profiles instead of getting some rest, and because of that the usual time, when students fall asleep, is between 1 and 3 a.m. which is not okay. And because teens use their gadgets before they go to bed, it becomes harder for them to fall asleep.
- Bad body image. Because on social media there are many filters and perfect images, more and more teenagers want to look in the same way which is impossible because the images are edited a lot of times and are unreal to achieve in real life. Many teens struggle because of that, and they stop caring about studying and other things because their number one goal becomes a perfect body image.
- Students will spend less time reading. Before social media appeared, reading was one of the most popular hobbies among young people. With social media, more and more students are becoming less interested in literature and find other hobbies and interests. Books can improve your critical thinking and writing skills, so it is best to keep reading books instead of spending all of your free time on social media. Even 50 pages will make a change.
Combine social media and studying
Social media can not be only good or bad things because they can be both beneficial and harmful. If you feel like you are using social media too much, instead of just avoiding try to spend less time on it and use some interesting resources that will help you study. There are many different sites that help students to become better at different subjects, so use them for your own good. And if you feel like you need help with your homework, don’t be afraid to ask for help and use the services of online homework assistance.