Many a time you need to activate call forwarding so if somebody dials your number, you receive it on some other pre-configured number. However, this feature is not available at the same place in the settings for every phone. In this guide, we are sharing how you can activate call forwarding & waiting in Android 9 Pie Phones.
Do remember this feature needs to be supported by the cellular network providers. If you are not able to activate it for some reason, you need to call your operator. The call waiting and forwarding are the most used settings, as they offer to avoid the instances that you miss the calls.
Activate call forwarding & waiting in Android 9 Pie Phones
There are many phones which run pure Android like Nokia devices, and some of the Mi devices as well. Do note that call waiting helps you identify calls when you are currently on a call. They show as a missed call on your phone. While Call waiting for every call will be redirected to another preset number
Activate Call forwarding Android 9 Pie Phones
- Open the default Dialer app on your Android 9 Pie phone.
- Tap on the ellipsis (three vertical dots) icon at the top right corner > tap on the settings menu.
- In the Settings menu, click on Calling Accounts
- If you are using two SIM cards at a time, you can see both listed at the top. Tap on the SIM Icon for which you need to configure call forwarding. You will have the following options:
- FIxed dialing numbers.
- Turn on video calling.
- Call forwarding
- Additional Settings
- and call barring
- Now, tap on Call forwarding > Voice. It will reveal Always forward, When busy, When unanswered, When unreachable.
- Click on one of the options which fit well for your scenario. Then enter your number, and click on the Turn on option.
Most of the people end up using When unreachable. Make sure this number is a valid number. You can also choose from the contact book.
Steps to Activate Call waiting for Android 9 Pie Phones
- Follow the same steps as above till 4. Here instead of call forwarding, you need to click on additional settings.
- This will reveal the settings for call waiting.
- Make sure to toggle on the option to enable call waiting.
In most of the countries call forwarding, call waiting, call barring, etc are free for everyone. However, do make sure you cross check with your operator. If its a paid service in your country, you will be charged as soon as you activate it.