Do you often clear WhatsApp chats? Many do that because there are too many videos and images file which is painful to remove one by one. The only disadvantage of doing this is that you also lose text chat which you wanted to keep. In this guide, I will share how you can delete individual files from WhatsApp.
How to Delete individual files types from WhatsApp Chat
Open WhatsApp, and then tap on the three dots on the top right. Next, select Settings, and then navigate to Data and Storage usage > Storage usage.
It will list down all the groups and chat conversation sorted by size of the chat. It will include text, video, and any other media files. Tap on any group or individual discussion, and you will get to see details on the total number of text messages, contacts shared, location sharing, photos, stickers, GIFs, Videos, Audio messages, and Documents.
To delete individual file types from any particular conversation and group, click on Manage Messages. It will instantly add a checkbox next to all the messages and file type. The button will also change to Clear Messages.
When you click on it, a pop-up will show up with an option to clear all messages, clear all except starred and cancel.
The advantage of using Storage Method to clear chat
The most significant benefit of removing messages this way is that they don’t leave a trace behind. As an example when you delete WhatsApp images from the gallery, a thumbnail of the image stays back in the conversation which is annoying.
While this doesn’t offer you individual deletion option, but its very useful when you want to delete certain file types in bulk. If you are in a group which sends out a lot of videos, and images, you can keep the conversation but delete all those images and videos effectively.
What do you think of this method? Does it work for you? Let us know in the comments.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android