While Uber is one of the most popular ride services but it’s not the only one. There are other Cab services around the globe which works locally as well. They also offer competitive rates, and sometimes cheaper. So if you don’t like Uber policies, and want to get rid of the account forever, this guide will help you to delete or deactivate Uber account.
How to delete or deactivate Uber account
Just like many other services, Uber follows the 30-days deactivation protocol. Once you initiate the deletion process, the account will get into detective mode. Post the probation period, the profile, and all the data will be removed. The data includes any credit, promotions, and rewards that are linked with your account.
However, Uber might retain some information which is required by the company for its account purpose or required or permitted by law.
To delete or deactivate Uber account, you will have to use the web interface.
- Go to this link and Sign in to get Help button.
- Next, enter an email address or phone number associated with the Uber account.
- Click Next and enter your Uber password
- Then type yes to confirm, and write a reason as if you want to pass that as feedback to Uber. You can choose with a predefined message or write your own.
- Click on Submit.
In case you change your mind, make sure to reactivate the account within 30 days using the same email account, and phone number. Post thirty days, you will not be able to get it back, and creating a new account will be the only option left.
We do not always recommend anyone to get rid of any account forever. You do not know what comes in handy. It’s best to log out of the App and log in when you need it if thats the case.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android