A few months ago, Reliance introduced Hello Jio voice assistant for the Jio users. This newly launched voice assistant comes pre-loaded with the MyJio app. However, there is a problem with this virtual assistant from a usability perspective, and in this post, we will talk about the problem, and also learn how you can disable Hello Jio voice assistant floating button.
Problem with Hello Jio voice assistant floating button
Hello Jio is similar to the Google Assistant and Apple Siri, but the functionality is entirely different and is very limited as compared to the other virtual voice assistants. It is designed to work with in-app controls only and offers help about your Jio related queries such as Plan validity, Balance etc.
The Hello Jio voice assistant has an overlaying floating button by default. It activates each time we open the MyJio app and stays on the screen even after we close the MyJio app.
However, for most of the time, it gets annoying because of the accidental presses on the icon which comes in between the apps, just like messenger apps pop up. The only way to get rid of this is by dragging it to the bottom of the screen. But as you can understand, it is annoying to repeat the same process each time you open the MyJio app.
It looks like Jio is well aware of that annoying floating icon, and that’s why they included an option to disable Hello Jio voice assistant floating button. Follow these below-mentioned steps to remove the Hello Jio virtual assistant floating icon.
Steps to disable Hello Jio voice assistant floating button
- Open the MyJio app on your Android device.
- Look for a menu icon (☰) on the top left corner. Tap on it to open menu options.
- From the menu list, select Settings > App Settings.
- Find the option which says Hello Jio. Tap on it.
- It will open a popup window, where you can toggle to change its state to Disabled. After that, tap on the Save button.
You are done! It is simple as that. This tutorial is only for those who don’t use the Hello Jio voice assistant floating button frequently. If you want, you can re-enable it by following the same steps. Toggle it to ‘enabled’ and save.
If you disable it with these steps, the floating assistant button disappears immediately and stay hidden when you close or minimize the My Jio app. Remember, this guide only closes the overlaying button only, you can continue to use the voice assistant by tapping on the microphone icon in the app.
We have also noticed that some users have reported that it slows down low-end Android devices, and if it is doing that on your phone as well, it only makes sense to disable it.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android