Finally the wait is over. One of the most awaited jailbreak for the iPhone, iPod Touch and the exclusive the new iPad users is released. A jailbreak tool Absinthe 2.0 has been released by combined efforts of a dream team. This jailbreak tool allows you to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 untethered on your supported iDevice.
The supported devices are,
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPhone 4S
- iPad 1
- iPad 2 Wifi
- iPad 2 GSM
- iPad 2 CDMA
- iPad 3 Wifi
- iPad 3 CDMA
- iPad 3 Global
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPod Touch 4G
- Apple TV 2
Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 untethered using Absinthe
Step One: Download Absinthe for Windows
Step Two: Extract the downloaded zip file and run ‘absinthe-win-2.0.1.exe’. It is a self extraction wizard and will extract all the necessary files to a new folder named ‘absinthe-win-2.0.1’ which can be found in the same directory.
Step Three: Run absinthe.exe and close any other program, if running.
Step Four: Connect your compatible device to Windows and make sure Absinthe shows the name of your device.
Note: Close the iTunes if it is running after connecting your device to PC.
Step Five: Click on ‘Jailbreak’ button in Absinthe.
Step Six: Once clicked, a progress bar will appear. Be patient until it is done.
Step Seven: Your device will show Apple logo along with a progress bar, wait for it to complete.
Step Eight: Once the progress bar on the Absinthe utility is completed, Absinthe notifies you about it. You can close the Absinthe window and disconnect your device.
Step Nine: That’s it! You have successfully jailbreaked your device.
Step Ten: To confirm it, on the device check if you see ‘Cydia’ icon on the springboard.
Step Eleven: Once you find Cydia successfully running and working, reboot your device.
That’s it. It was that simple. Once you are jailbreaked, don’t forget to save your SHSH Blobs so that you can downgrade to iOS 5.1.1 in future.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android