Before the untethered jailbreak was released, all the A4 devices were able to run tethered jailbreak on iOS 5.1.1. The main drawback of the tethered jailbreak was you were unable to reboot your device.
If you are already running tethered jailbreak on your A4 device and want to convert it into untethered there is no need to restore again. A new jailbreak package named Rocky Racoon will convert your tethered jailbreak into untethered.
Rocky Racoon is simple and easy way to get untethered jailbreak on your existing tethered device. Since tethered jailbreak only supported the old generation A4 devices it only works with,
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 1
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPod Touch 4G
Convert tethered jailbreak to untethered jailbreak on iOS 5.1.1
Step One: Open Cydia
Step Two: Navigate to Search bar
Step Three: Search for ‘Rocky Racoon’
Step Four: Select Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untethered jailbreak from the list.
Step Five: Tap Install.
Step Six: Wait for the installation to complete.
Step Seven: Reboot your device.
Your device will successfully boot again to the lockscreen, which means your jailbreak is untethered. If not, boot into tethered again using Redsn0w and re-install the package.
Note: Do not uninstall Rocky Racoon ever, you will lose your jailbreak and data from the device.
This tutorial is not at all helpful for A5 and A5X users as there was no tethered jailbreak developed for them.
Rocky Racoon does not support the following devices,
- iPhone 4S
- iPad 3
- iPad 2
If you are using A5 or A5X based device use Absinthe. For those who have not yet jailbreaked your A4 device, you can either use Absinthe or Sn0wbreeze. Sn0wbreeze provides you with additional features like Hacktivation, Baseband preservation and also iPad Baseband installation, but it only supports A4 devices.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android