Despite instant messaging being the center stage for digital communication these days, emails do play a very important role in conversations. Among all the different email clients out there, Gmail is definitely the most popular one with over 1.2 billion active users globally.
Since its inception in 2014, a lot more features and functionalities have been added to the Gmail client to make your email marketing smarter and productive than the competitors. There are several features within Gmail that let you organize the email you receive so that you don’t miss the important ones. If you are new to Gmail or if you haven’t really explored the platform, today we are here with a list of features within Gmail that will let you organize your inbox so as not to miss any important emails in the future.
Top 3 Gmail Features to Organize Your Email
- Set a Sync Schedule for your Inbox
Apart from the Gmail website client, there are also Android and iOS applications of the email service. By default, all the emails you receive on your Gmail account will sync with the Gmail Android or iOS application every 30 days.
However, if you wish to change that frequency, you can select between 1 to 30 days on iOS and between 1 to 999 days on Android. To do the same, launch the Gmail app on your device and then click on “Email Settings”. Now, click on “Sync Settings” and then choose a sync schedule of your choice.
- Remove Unwanted Tabs from your Email Inbox
There are five tabs within your Gmail inbox by default, namely: Primary, Social, Promotions, Updates, and Forums. All the emails you receive are categorized based on their type and content into these tabs. If you do not wish to see all the five tabs, then you can remove the unwanted ones so that you only get to see the emails that matter.
To configure the tabs, launch the Gmail website and click on the gear icon located in the top right corner. From the drop-down menu that appears, click on the option that says “Configure Inbox”. From the window that appears, select the tabs you wish to enable within your Gmail inbox and then click on the “Save” button.
- Receive Emails from Other Accounts to your Gmail Account
Gmail allows you to merge other email addresses into your current Gmail account so that you can receive all the emails into a single inbox. You can merge other Gmail accounts that you may own or accounts from other providers such as Yahoo as well.
Below is how you can add another email account to your Gmail account:
- Launch the Gmail website on your preferred web browser.
- Click on the gear icon located in the top right corner.
- From the drop-down menu that will appear, click on “Settings”.
- Within Settings, switch to the “Accounts and Import” tab.
- Scroll down until you find the “Check mail from other accounts” option and then click on the “Add a mail account” button next to this option.
- A new window will now appear where you need to enter the email address you wish to link with your Gmail account and then click on the “Next” button.
- In the next screen, choose to completely link your email account with Gmail using the “Gmailify” feature. After making your selection, click on the “Next” button.
- Sign in to your other email account and grant permission to link with your Gmail account.
And that’s all. Your other email account will now be linked with your Gmail account.
We hope you found this article on the latest useful Gmail features to organize your email informative and easy to understand. If you know about any other useful Gmail feature to organize email, then please share them as a comment below.