Having used Facebook for so long, let us now dig a bit deep into the interesting facts surrounding it:
1. Now in its 7th year, Facebook is the leader of all social networking sites and its founder and CEO, Mark Zuckerberg is the youngest billionaire in the world.
2. If Facebook were to be a country, it would be the fifth largest in the world after China, India, United States and Indonesia.
3. Today, Lillian Lowe is the oldest active user on Facebook, being 104 years old.
4. China blocks the usage of Facebook within its territory and Syria, Vietnam and Iran have already banned it while Pakistan may also join the list anytime soon.
5. When something is brilliant, people line up to buy it. Facebook also passed through the same phase and may also, in the future. Following are the five buyout bids from a total of eleven:
- June 2004 saw a stranger offering $10 million in order to buy Facebook. Mark Zuckerberg refused it right away.
- Again in March 2005, Viacom proposed a $75 million buyout offer which was again disposed off by Facebook.
- Again in the beginning of 2006, for the third and the last time, Viacom made a repeated bid of $1.5 billion. Again it was rejected by the Facebook Board.
- In the same year, Yahoo, the search-engine giant made a buyout bid of $1 billion. But that was not enough to please the people behind Facebook and was hence quashed.
- At the end of 2007, after Yahoo, Google also followed the footsteps and proposed to buy Facebook for around $15 billion, the highest offer so far. But Mark Zuckerberg had other plans and this offer was also rejected outright.
6. There is no definition for the word ‘Poke‘. Mark Zuckerberg once said “We thought it would be fun to make a feature that has no specific purpose… So mess around with it, because you’re not getting an explanation from us“.
7. Having dropped out of Harvard, Mark Zuckerberg still lists himself as a Harvard Graduate in Computer Science!
8. An average Facebook User has 130 friends.
9. More that 7.5 milion Facebook users are below the minimum age (13).
10. On an average, 333,333,333 photos get uploaded on Facebook everyday!
More top 10 interesting facts on other things which you love will come soon, Stay Tuned!
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android