Plug-in is a set of software components that can easily be installed and used as part of your Web browser. In this habitat, it gains the ability to improve performance of any database-driven software; such as WordPress. That said, many of us run WordPress blogs and know that maintaining them is no easy job. However, having the following 4 Plug-ins at hand will make your work much easier.
As the name suggests, the plug-in manages your WordPress database. It allows you to optimize database, repair database, backup database, restore database, delete backup database, drop/empty tables and run selected queries. Besides, it supports automatic scheduling of backing up, optimizing and repairing of database.
WP – Optimize plug-in looks simple but is very effective in function. The WordPress 2.9++ database cleanup and optimization tool doesn’t require PhpMyAdmin to optimize your database tables. It allows you to remove post revisions, comments in the spam queue and unapproved comments in few clicks.
Other WP-Optimize Features:
- Display Database table statistics. Shows how much space can be optimized and how much space has been cleared
- Visible to the administrators only
How it can be useful?
If you have a habit of saving a new post or pages it is important to remind you that WordPress creates a revision of that post or page. So, if you edit a post 3 times you might just get 3 copies of that post as revisions. Needless to say, what happens if post or pages are long and big? A huge proportion of useful bytes is consumed. This is where WP-Optimize come into action. It optimizes and shrinks your posts table by removing unnecessary post revisions from the database. Also, there might be thousands of spams and unapproved comments in your comments table, WP-Optimize cleans and removes them too, in just single click.
Broken Link Checker:
The plug-in monitors your blog and searches for broken links. It notifies you if any are found. Besides monitoring, it checks your posts, comments and other content for broken links and missing images. All the broken links get displayed under the ‘Broken Links’ tab.
There are several actions associated with each link which show up when you move your mouse over to one of the links listed under ‘Broken Links’ tab. One can even create new link filters by accessing ‘Create Custom Filter’ tab.
- Monitors links in your posts, pages, comments, the blogroll, and custom fields (optional).
- Detects links that don’t work, missing images and redirects.
- Notifies you either via the Dashboard or by email.
- Makes broken links display differently in posts (optional).
- Prevents search engines from following broken links (optional).
- You can search and filter links by URL, anchor text and so on.
- Links can be edited directly from the plugin’s page, without manually updating each post.
- Highly configurable.
Clean Options plug-in provides a simpler way for WordPress bloggers to manage their wp_options table. It finds orphaned options and removes them from wp_options table.
The plug-in endorses many built-in safety features which help in preventing accidental deletion of table rows that may be needed for the error free operation of the blog. It also provides warning messages that alerts plugin users of potential problems when encountered.
Add comprehensive and powerful functionality to your Blog system by installing these 4 plugins.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android