There are a lot of iPhone Games and Apps that have huge names. Names that do not properly fit on your device screen. And you may have also come across few cases where you did not like the names given by developers. What do you do then? Nothing! Wouldn’t it be great if you could simply rename all the Games and Apps? In this guide, we will learn, how to rename Games and Apps on your iPhone home screen.
Well, this is possible and in fact very simple to do. All you need is a tool named Icon Renamer. This tool can be downloaded through Cydia. It allows you to rename all the Icons on your home screen to whatever you want.
How to rename Games and Apps on your iPhone home screen
How to get Icon Renamer? Icon Renamer can be downloaded through Cydia. Hence it is quiet clear that you need to have a jailbroken device. Icon Renamer can be found in the ‘BigBoss Repo’ that is already present in your Repo List by default.
Hence in order to get Icon Renamer, simply go to the BigBoss repo and scroll down till you find the link for Icon Renamer. When you do, you will get this screen:
Once you get it, tap on the link for Icon Renamer and you should get this screen:
Now simply tap on Install on the top right-hand side of the screen. Cydia will start downloading and installing Icon Renamer for you. Follow the on-screen instructions and you should be done in no time.
No BigBoss Repo?
Just in case, if you have deleted the BigBoss repo from your list. Follow these steps in order to get back the BigBoss Repo and then install Icon Renamer:
- Open CYDIA and go to SOURCES
- Now tap on the EDIT button in the Top Right side of the screen
- Now you should see an ADD button in the Top Left side of the screen
- Tap on the ADD button and enter the link: http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia/
- Now tap on ADD SOURCE to add this repo
- Once done, you should see the repo named ‘BigBoss’
- Now simply follow the steps I have mentioned above.
Now in the first image, you can see a ‘GREEN TICK MARK’ beside the name ‘Icon Renamer’ and in the second image you see ‘MODIFY’ instead of ‘INSTALL’. This is just because I already have Icon Renamer installed on my device. When you do it for the first time, you will ‘NOT see the Tick Mark’ and will have ‘INSTALL instead of MODIFY’.
After you have finished downloading, you should see a new tab for Icon Renamer in the Settings App. In that tab, you will have an option named ‘Require Double Tap’. Set this to ON and come back to your home screen. Now touch and hold any Game or App icon you want to rename till you get the jiggle mode where all the Icons starts jiggling and get a Cross Button on the top left-hand side. Once you get into this mode, double tap on any Icon that you want to rename and if done correctly you should get a screen like this:
Rename the Icon to whatever you want and Tap on Apply. The Icon should now have the custom name that you have given to it. Check this out. I renamed ‘Talking Tom 2’ to just ‘Talking Tom’.
While Apple doesn’t let you rename unless you have installed Cydia on your iPhone. This also means you need to jailbreak your phone to rename Games and Apps on your iPhone.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android