WhatsApp allows you to send your location using the Google Maps integration through Android smartphones. This shows the user opposite side your exact location so you can take it as proof of where you are. So, most of you guys would be wanting to send fake location in order to trick our friends. Here are the best methods that you will ever find on the Internet to send fake locations on WhatsApp using Android.
How to send fake locations on WhatsApp using Android
There are currently two possible ways that you will find below. The easiest method among them is but easily detectable. Check out the tips below and choose the one that suits you.
Fake using search on map method
With this approach, you can choose the location manually right from your WhatsApp location service. But, as this method is probably known by everyone as they use to pin a location and send, there is a chance they might catch you. However, you can try it.
- Open WhatsApp on your Android smartphone.
- Enable the location services to get the GPS data.
- Open the contact whom do you want to send the fake location.
- Tap on the attachment button at the bottom typing area.
- Choose “Location,” and tap on the search bar at the top of the map area.
- Search for your desired location, pin any spot and tap on the send button.
How to find if someone sent you a fake location
If somebody sends you a fake location on WhatsApp using above method, you can easily find if it is fake or not. When someone sends his/her real-location, there will not be any address information, but the location will be marked in the blank on the chat screen. If it is fake, you will see the street address which will seem similar to just a location shared through google maps.
Send fake locations on WhatsApp using Android using mock location
Android smartphones allow location mocking option to users, that helps too pretend like you are in some other region. Here is how to do it.
- Download a& Install Fake GPS app from Google Play Store on your Android smartphone.
- Go to settings > Developer Options > Allow Mock Location. If you cannot see developer options, go to Settings > About device > Tap on “Build number” seven times and go back to settings home.
- Touch & hold GPS/Location on quick settings drawer to enter GPS Settings. Set the GPS priority to “Device only.”
- Open the app and grant permissions.
- Move the pin over the screen, put it anywhere across the globe and tap on the start button.
- Your smartphone will then start showing the location as the place where you pinned. If you want to send the fake location, you can set the location from the fake GPS app and send the “Current location” from WhatsApp.
- Using this method, you can also SEND FAKE LOCATION USING ANY APP.
If you use the mock location method, one cannot trace your real location and find you are faking it. This method is highly precise and the best.
Hope you found these approaches to send fake locations on WhatsApp using Android helpful.