One might have noticed that Mac OS X turns off its screen automatically, if left unused for 5-10 minutes or more. However, some applications which are still running in the background keep it awake.
Please Sleep is Mac OS X utility software that forces your computer to switch itself to sleep mode even if some other applications and processes are keeping it awake.
PleaseSleep waits in the background for the sleep timer to hit ‘zero’, set in Energy Saver preferences pane attempting to put your computer to sleep mode when the scheduled sleep timer kicks in.
It is very easy to configure and one can enable or disable its preferences by accessing the system menu bar icon.
Right-clicking on the menu bar icon opens Prefernces to create both Force Awake and Force Sleep exceptional lists.
Features that are accommodated in newer version 2.1:
- Compatible with Mac OS X Lion 10.7 and Intel.
- New option to invariably enable ‘PleaseSleep’ feature when it launches.
- Native 64-bit support.
- New option to select a different menu icon.
- Option to reset system activity for better force sleep result.
- Option to monitor energy saver timer with display sleep timer.
- Fixed the duplicate entries issue in app lists.
- Adds UNIX executable files to the exceptions list.
Under Please Sleep window one can view 3 Tabs,
- General- Launches the application at start-up, if enabled. Permits to fine-tune the ‘Display Mode’ and enable the ‘Reset system activity before sleep’ option as per one’s convenience.
- Force Sleep- Adds applications to a list for which force sleep mode needs to be activated or enabled. Click on the ‘cross’ imaged icon to add a program or an application to the list.
- Exceptions- Adds desired applications, specified by the user and prevents the system to switch to sleep-mode while the applications are running in the background.
Download Please Sleep Mac OS X utility from here.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android