Wi-Fi is first and fore mostly used to create a Local Area Network (LAN) which enables the users to connect wireless to a network. The connection can provide the access point or hotspot of the range of about 20 meters (65 ft) indoors and at greater range outdoors. Multiple access points overlapping can cover large areas.
Wi-Fi Internet connectivity is used by nearly 700 million people all around the world and there are over four million hotspots. Each year nearly 800 million new Wi-Fi devices are sold.
The wireless Internet access is growing at a great extent in urban and suburban areas around the world. It is not only used for residences but also used businesses purpose for ease of access and cost savings.
Network Range of Wi-Fi:
Wi-Fi networks usually have a limited range. The wireless router using 802.11b or 802.11g with a reserve antenna will have a range of 32 m (120 ft) indoors and 95 m (300 ft) outdoors while the IEEE 802.11n can exceed its range by more than two times.
Outdoor ranges can be improved with use of directional antennas which is located several kilometers or more from their base. The range of wireless networks also varies with frequency band. The Wi-Fi in the 2.4 GHz frequency block has better range to some extent than Wi-Fi in the 5 GHz frequency block.
Ways to Boost the Wi-Fi Signal Strength:
- Wi-Fi has bit weaker connections and there are many ways to boost the signal strength.
- The Uni-directional antennas are powerful will keep the signal from getting broadcast in all directions.
- Place a home-made reflector behind the antennas of routers having Omni-directional antennas
- Install the DD-WRT / Tomato firmware on your wireless router
- Set the router at a height in some central location
- Install InSSIDer on your laptop, this free utility will help you to detect the presence and strength of wireless networks.
- Keep the router away from other cordless devices.
- Do not set the router is near metallic materials like an almirah or window grills this will weaken the wireless signals.
- Avoid mirrors as they can reflect the wireless signals away from the desired direction.
These tips will definitely help you to boost your Wi-Fi signals and enables you to use the Wireless network even in every corner of your house. Stay tuned on The Geeks Club for More Tips and Tricks.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android