Microsoft gives much priority to family security and privacy concerns. As a part, the company’s Windows operating System comes loaded with a lot of features that enable users to connect with family, friends and among the workgroup. Not only in Windows, but the Microsoft also has their signature on Android platform too. The same child tracking and family locating feature is currently available on the popular Microsoft Launcher too. In this post, we will share how parents can track kid location on Android using Microsoft Launcher.
The child locating feature came to the launcher several weeks ago, but in disabled mode by default. Here is how you can use it effectively on your or kids’ smartphones to track and locate them quickly. It is probably the best location tracking app right now!
How to track kid location on Android using Microsoft Launcher
Microsoft account offers family groups and “find your child” features to the users. The same function works in the Microsoft Launcher’s capability to track children. So, you need to login to your MS account from the launcher settings in order to utilize this feature. After all, the child accounts must have a connection with the parent account or a family group. Here is the step by step tutorial to track kid location on Android using Microsoft Launcher.
Add a child account to your Microsoft Family
- Log in to the Microsoft Account from a web browser (account.microsoft.com).
- Click on the Family tab and scroll down
- Now you will see the family members added to your Microsoft account. Click on “Add a family member” at the bottom.
- Choose “Child” from the options window.
- Add the Microsoft Account email ID to the form and complete the captcha.
- Click on Send Invite.
- Open the added mail ID’s inbox (Microsoft Outlook mail or any correspondent).
- Open the mail received upon adding it as a family member.
- Click on the invite confirmation link and follow further procedures.
If you have reached here, congratulations!, you made a child account associated with your Microsoft Account. So, every movement of this account would be visible to you as a parent.
Setting up Microsoft Launcher
After creating the child account on Microsoft, you need to install the Microsoft Launcher on your child’s smartphone in order to monitor them. Here are the entire steps.
- Download and Install the Microsoft Launcher (earlier Arrow Launcher) on the child’s smartphone from Google Play Store.
- Open the app.
- Tap on “Get Started.”
- When the app asks you to add a Microsoft account, log in with the child account you just created.
- After successfully signing, provide the app with required permissions.
- Also, do not forget to set the Microsoft Launcher as the default launcher UI.
- If you already have the Microsoft Launcher setup, the open the launcher settings and tap on Microsoft logo in the middle. Tap on the Sign in button and add account.
As there is no setting to turn or off, it makes it easy to track my child’s phone without them knowing. They should use this as their default launcher. It might be a good idea not to share it with him unless he is grown up.
How to track location?
- Open Microsoft Account page on PC.
- Log in to your parent account and click on Family tab
- Now, click on the child’s account and then choose “Find Map.”
The tracked device must have location and mobile data turned on to get the accurate location.
Do you think it is the best way how to track a phone without them knowing for free? At least it works great for kids.