A serial number is a string of characters or a unique number assigned to a product. It helps in the identification or distinction from other similar products. This unique number finds its utility in determining the warranty support of a product or other technical support requests. In today’s post, we’ll talk about how to find serial number of Apple devices or perform Apple serial number check.
How to do Apple serial number check for your devices
First things first, a serial number may include only numbers, or they can be alphanumeric (featuring both letters and numbers/). However, in any case, they exclude the letter ‘O’ to avoid confusion with the number ‘0’.
Depending upon the manufacturer’s preferences, a serial number can be found printed on the bottom of an electronic device or on the rear side of it. Similarly, the number may be printed in black on a white label or engraved into the hardware itself.
How to perform Apple Serial Number Check using Original Package
The Simplest way to find a serial number of Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is to look at your device’s original package? Find the serial number and IMEI/MEID on the barcode. Also, check the rear side of the device. Other ways via which you can find it is via
Find Serial Number of iPhone and iPad using iTunes
- Connect your iOS device (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch) to your computer and open iTunes.
- Next, locate your device and click the Summary tab to see its information.
- To find Serial Number of iPhone, click Phone Number to find the IMEI/MEID and ICCID.
- To find Serial number of iPad (cellular model), click Serial Number to find the CDN, IMEI/MEID, and ICCID.
Alternatively, if you don’t have the device with you, you can check for the IMEI/MEID number. For this,
- Go to your Apple ID account page (appleid.apple.com) in a web browser on your computer.
- Sign in with the Apple ID that you use on the device that you need the serial or IMEI/MEID of.
- Next, scroll down to the section called Devices.
Here, to check the device’s serial and IMEI/MEID number, select that device. Now, if your device is running iOS 10.3 or later, choose Settings > [Your name]. Scroll down to see any devices signed in to your Apple ID.
Now, to view the serial and IMEI/MEID number, tap the device name.
How to Find Serial Number of Apple Watch
If you are looking to find the serial number of your Apple Watch, open the Settings app.
- Next, tap General > About.
- Here, scroll down to find the Serial Number or IMEI.
- If you don’t have your Apple Watch, you can use your iPhone instead:
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
- Tap the My Watch tab, then tap General > About.
- Look for Serial Number or IMEI.
Find Serial Number of Apple AirPods
If you are not aware, every AirPods case has a unique serial number printed on it. You can find it easily by just opening the cover (inside of the lid). The number, however, is printed small and can be difficult to read. If you do not find it clearly visible, try using your iPhone’s camera to capture the number and zoom in on the serial number.
Alternatively, you can choose to grab the number from the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad. Here’s how.
- Connect your AirPods to your iPhone or iPad via Bluetooth connection.
- Now, open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and go to General > About.
- Next, tap on AirPods at the bottom of the screen to see the serial number.
- Finding serial number of a HomePod
- The serial number of HomePod can be found at the bottom. Similarly, you can find it via ‘Home App’ and ‘iCloud Settings’
How to do Apple serial number check through Home App
- Open the Home app on your iOS device or Mac.
- Locate the ‘HomePod’ on your device and double-click the option.
- Next, choose Settings and scroll down to find the serial number.
Similarly, to check the same via iCloud Settings, go to Settings > Select your name and scroll down to find ‘HomePod’ option. Tap it to see the serial number.
Serial numbers help manufacturers keep track of their products. Besides, it also helps with quality control across multiple locations and times.
It’s very easy to perform an Apple Serial Number Lookup to find serial number of your Apple device.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android