Like all its predecessors, Redmi Note 6 Pro comes with a hidden feature. This feature helps you enable 4K recording in the smartphone. In this guide, we will share how to enable Redmi Note 6 Pro 4K Recording.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 SoC which powers Redmi Note 6 is capable of recording 4K videos, but for some reason, Xiaomi decided not to enable it. Good news is that you can do it without rooting your device.
How to enable Redmi Note 6 Pro 4K Recording
Being a Snapdragon 636 device, which is capable of recording and playing 4K videos, it was expected that Xiaomi would enable Redmi Note 6 Pro 4K Recording. However, just like Note 5 Pro, we can shoot 4K videos in Redmi Note 6 Pro with the help of third parties applications. Here is how to enable official 4K video recording in Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 6 Pro smartphone:
- Download the Open Camera app from Play store.
- Open the camera, and then tap on Settings icon > Video settings > Video resolution and select Highest: 4K UltraHD.
- Also, enable Video Stabilization under settings to ensure that the videos are smoother.
- The Open Camera app can now be used to record 4K videos in your Redmi Note 6 Pro.
That said, the Open Camera app supports tons of features. It includes support for focus modes, scene modes, color effects, white balance, ISO, exposure compensation/lock, face detection, torch, anti-banding, and so on.
Open Camera Features
- Handy remote controls: timer with optional voice countdown
- Auto-repeat mode (with configurable delay).
- Option to take a photo remotely by making noise or by voice command “cheese”.
- Configurable volume keys.
- Optimize GUI for left or right-handed users.
- Zoom via multi-touch gesture and single-touch control.
- Option to lock the orientation to portrait or landscape for photo or video.
- Upside-down preview option for use with attachable lenses.
- Support for HDR (with auto-alignment and ghost removal) and Exposure Bracketing.
- Support for Camera2 API: manual focus distance; manual ISO, exposure time, white balance temperature, burst mode, RAW (DNG) files, slow-motion video.
- Noise reduction and Dynamic range optimization modes for better quality photos.
That’s it! Now you have successfully enabled the 4K recording on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro smartphone. You can now shoot awesome videos in 4K resolution using your Redmi Note 6 pro phone.