Just in the previous post we studied, what exactly Geotagging means? and in this tutorial I am going to guide you through some simple steps by which you can easily geotag your images. For this you will need two applications and they are:
- Google Earth
Make sure you have the latest version of Picasa, as it features many upgrades and enhancements.
Geotagging using Picasa
- Firstly, you need to launch the Picasa and make sure you have all your pics in one folder in order to avoid any clutter.
- Secondly, launch Google Earth under Picasa by clicking “Places Panel” at the bottom right. As soon as you do that, you will see Google Earth being displayed right above the panel.
- Next, Search for the place you have been to in the search area. Google maps locates the address on the Google Earth.
- Finally you need to geotag images on to that location. This is done by clicking the “green marker” on the Google Maps panel. As soon as you click it, the marker follows your mouse pointer. Drop the marker on the exact location you want. That’s it. It’s done!
Now when you upload these images on your web album, the location gets copied with it. And this is how you upload your images on your web albums.
Uploading images on web albums:
Firstly, you need to have a Gmail/Google Plus account. And if you have it, then just log-in to your account using Picasa. Right click on the image and select “Upload to Google+ Photos” . This will add the image to your web album with the location.
To check all the geotagged images visit the “picasaweb.google.com”
Select the image, It will show you all location on the Google Maps. Likewise you can add multiple photos to the album or to the single geo location and share it with people quite easily.
Picasa will add the longitude and latitude to the photo’s EXIF metadata. You can view this data (GPS Latitude and Longitude) by right-clicking (Windows) Control-clicking (Mac) a geotagged image in Picasa and selecting Properties. Geotagged photos are marked with a “Red Pointer” icon when viewed in Picasa.
The Video tutorial shows exactly how you geotag your images using Picasa.
If you have liked this post, you might want to check out some more, on topics like Google, YouTube.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android