Even if our smartphones are lock protected, we all might have something to hide from others. There are many file manager apps available to help you in shielding the files that reside in your smartphone internal storage space. But the things become quite tricky when it comes to hiding the apps. No launcher, except some stock ones (e.g., OnePlus’s OxygenOS). Well, there are many apps available; here are some of the methods to Hide Apps in Android from App Drawer.
You might also like: How to hide apps in OxygenOS
How to hide Apps in Android from App Drawer
- Disable bloatware apps
- Hide an App on android using Nova launcher
- Hide applications on Android with App Hider
You can adopt many ways to hide apps in Android Operating System running smartphone. There might not be a better solution than uninstalling if you do not want to install any other third-party apps or launchers. If they are bloatware, disabling would be helpful. However, there are many efficient solutions available to hide apps temporarily and reveal them whenever it is necessary. Let’s take a look at all the Android launcher which hide apps.
Disable bloatware apps
In case you find out that the apps you want to hide cannot be uninstalled, it is better to disable them if you do not use frequently. Here is how.
- From your smartphone, go to Settings > Apps.
- Choose “All” to see every app on your phone.
- Select the app you want to disable.
- Tap “Disable.”
It will uninstall the previous updates and disable the app. The app will not be visible anymore.
Hide using Nova Launcher
Nova Launcher, one of the best launcher apps for Android smartphones, come with an inbuilt feature that allows you to hide apps. The app can hide the app from the app drawer, and it is easy o access them later also. Here is how.
- Install and make the Nova Launcher as default launcher for smartphone home screen.
- After setting up, go to the home screen and open Nova settings.
- Tap on App & Widget Drawer settings.
- Under Drawer section, tap on “Hide Apps” and choose the apps you want to hide.
- Tap on three dots (option) and enable “Show hidden apps.”
You can go back to the app drawer and can find that the apps are not listed. But you can open them easily by searching.
Note: This is available only in the premium version.
Using App Hider
App Hider is a useful utility app used to hide applications from your smartphone UI. Unlike official app hiding apps, this works as an app cloner for your smartphone. When you choose any app to be hidden, it creates a clone inside the App hider. You can uninstall the original version instantly. Anyways, the cloned version will remain within App Hider, and you can access anytime using a passcode.
The app can also impersonate a calculator app to stay completely anonymous. The password needs to be entered in the calculator window to open the hidden vault within. It can also hide videos, photos, other files, other than just apps. You can set a private desktop for better user experience with hidden apps.
These are the best ways to hide Apps in Android from the App Drawer. Enjoy using your Android smartphone in secret.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android