The Apple iPhone and iPad are classy devices but with a big screen which gets dirty quickly. Despite having an anti-oil coating on the screen, it shows fingerprints and smudges so quickly. These little obstinate specks of dust like smudge marks and oily fingerprints make Apple’s new beautiful device to look less appealing. So it’s essential to clean your iPad and iPhone safely. It’s because even small amounts of dust and dirt can damage the screen coating leading to more scratches.
How To clean iPad and iPhone safely with screen
We are sharing the best way to clean iPad and iPhone Screen, and its outer cover. It is one device you keep using all the time so let’s spare some time to make your iPhone and iPad shine like a new product just as it was out of that Apple packaging.
- First, turn off the iPad/iPhone and then disconnect it from any external power sources and other accessories.
- Gently wipe the screen with very soft and slightly damped cloth. Be sure not to allow moisture to get into the openings of the iPad/iPhone.
- Do not spray cleaners directly onto the item.
- Repeat until the screen is clean again.
Never use any cleaning solvents. It includes solvents such as Windex or Window cleaners which includes rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover, and other chemical agents. Use only water and a lint free scratch resistant cloth to clean the screen. Here is a DOs and DON’Ts list that helps you choose the fabric for wiping the dirt out of your iPad screen.
3M Gray Microfiber
Isopropyl Alcohol Wipe (Optional) (Not much recommended)
Face Wipes/Tissue Papers
Ammonia-based wipes or cleaners
The Apple iPad models come with an oleophobic coating on the screen. They repel the oil left by the hand usage. So the screens need special care while wiping with clothes. You need to use a soft, lint-free piece of cloth to clean the display surface. Using rough clothes and window cleaners can damage the oleophobic screen coating and can make the iPad/iPhone screen less responsive to touch over time. The 3M microfiber cleaning cloth is usually preferred which is available in the Apple store.
Some extra tips for cleaning iPad/iPhone Screen
Apart from focusing on the screen wiping, here are some additional pieces of advice to keep your iPad cleaner and fresh-looking over time.
- If you use any iPad protective cases, make sure no dirt or dust elements are trapped between the device and case. It will scratch the iPad metal unibody permanently. So, clean the iPad covers frequently.
- Carefully clean the inner parts of the headphone jack and lightning connector port.
- Make sure the physical mute button is clear of dirt.
Another way to keep your screen clean is by using an invisible SHIELD or other protection devices. There are a wide variety of accessories for iPad and iPhone like cases, covers and protective shield to protect the device, ranging from affordable price to even luxurious ones. These screen protectors will protect the delicate screen and keep it clean.
If you want to clean iPad cover, use any soft cloth. Do not use any liquid or water.
The durability and cleanliness of any product including the iPads depend on how you care about the gadget in daily life. From the above article, try to make a checklist and try to keep the device clean.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android