TikTok is the new sensation of funny yet creative video sharing platform. Its fun, but too many videos on your feed can be distracting. In this guide, we will share how you can delete or deactivate Tiktok Account.
Steps to delete or deactivate Tiktok Account
If you have the question that why remove or disable Tiktok account, a simple answer is it’s about Privacy. While its fun, but when you start making a video of everyone around you, it slowly becomes annoying. After a while, not everyone would like to have their video posted on social media. While you can delete individual videos, but it’s best that you completely remove Tiktok Account. Follow the steps below:
- Launch the app, and go to your profile, then select the “…” icon in the top-right corner.
- Select Manage My Account. It will reveal your Tikcode, phone number, and password.
- To delete the account, make sure you have a registered number associated with the account.
- Click on the Phone number section, enter the correct number. It will verify through SMS.
- Next, set up your password.
- Once the above two steps are complete, a new option will show up at the bottom–“Thinking about removing your account?“.
- Tap on it, and click on the Send code link.
- An SMS will arrive which you need to enter in the box and click on continue.
What do you lose when you delete or deactivate Tiktok Account
Following this, a full page warning will be available. It will share that you will miss the following things when you remove or disable Tiktok Account.
- No login access.
- Lose all videos.
- No refund for any previous purchases.
- Chat messages you had sent across to anyone will be visible.
Final account deactivation will happen only after 30 days. During this period, the account will be visible to the public. After 30 days, the final deletion will take place. To retrieve the deleted TikTok account, you will get your TikTok id, make a note. Next, click on continue, and then click again on delete account.
Are you thinking to delete or deactivate Tiktok Account? If yes do share with us why you want to do that.