TikTok is the new sensation of funny yet creative video sharing platform. Its fun, but too many videos on your feed can be distracting. In this guide, we will share how you can deactivate or delete Tiktok Account.
Steps to deactivate or delete Tiktok Account
If you have the question of why remove or deactivate the Tiktok account, a simple answer is it’s about Privacy. While its fun, but when you start making a video of everyone around you, it slowly becomes annoying. After a while, not everyone would like to have their video posted on social media. While you can delete individual videos, but it’s best that you completely delete Tiktok Account. Follow the steps below:
- Make sure to log in to the account; there is no way to delete the tiktok account without logging in.
- Launch the app, and go to your profile, then select the “…” icon in the top-right corner.
- Select Manage My Account. It will reveal your Tikcode, phone number, and password.
- To delete the account, make sure you have a registered number associated with the account.
- Click on the Phone number section, enter the correct number. It will verify through SMS.
- Next, set up your password.
- Once the above two steps are complete, a new option will show up at the bottom–“Thinking about removing your account?“.
- Tap on it, and click on the Send code link.
- An SMS will arrive, which you need to enter in the box and click on continue.
Note: Make sure that you are on the latest version of the app. This option to remove the account became available only in later updates. So if you are running an older version, the choice could be missing.
What do you lose when you delete or deactivate Tiktok Account
Following this, a full-page warning will be available. It will share that you will miss the following things when you remove or disable Tiktok Account.
- No login access.
- Lose all the videos.
- No refund for any previous purchases.
- Chat messages you had sent across to anyone will be visible.
Final account deactivation will happen only after 30 days. During this period, the account will be visible to the public. After 30 days, the final deletion will take place. To retrieve the deleted TikTok account, you will get your TikTok id, make a note. Next, click on continue and then click again on the delete account. Also, this method is to delete the tiktok account permanently.
How to add a phone number to your TikTok account?
Note that to delete your TikTok account using the above method, you need to have a phone number connected to your Tiktok account. If you haven’t done so yet, the process won’t work.
- Open the TikTok app > Profile icon > Settings > Select the “Privacy and Settings.“
- Next, tap on the “Manage my account” option and click on “Phone number.”
- Enter your mobile number and wait for the SMS having your one-time password (OTP).
- Once received, enter the verification code. Your mobile number will now be linked to your TikTok account.
So, guys, this was our guide on delete TikTok account. We’ve tried our best to be informative and straightforward at the same time. If, in case of any queries, you can get to us back via the comments section. Also, don’t forget to let us know the reason behind deleting your TikTok account! Stay tuned for more such articles.