Indeed, Zomato is one of the most popular food delivery services in India. That said, some may get obsessed with the excess usage of the app for relying on aftermarket food. In such a situation, the only question hitting the mind would be to delete or deactivate Zomato account? So, if you’re looking forward to deactivating your Zomato account, you are in the right place.
How to delete or deactivate Zomato account?
Notably, Zomato is an Indian food delivery service, founded by Deepinder Goyal and Pankaj Chaddah back in 2008. It currently functions in 24 different countries. Zomato provides information and reviews and menus of the local restaurants, allowing, people can choose what to order from where.
Previously, the Zomato app had a built-in option to delete account under more settings tab. Unfortunately, the feature seems to removed with the new few updates. Currently, there’s no direct method to delete the account via Zomato app. However, you can still cancel your account entirely using Zomato website. Let’s begin:
What happens when you remove your Zomato Account?
Before you follow the below steps to delete Zomato account, there are a couple of things to know about its consequences:
- Your Zomato Credits will vanish as soon as you delete your Zomato account. Hence, make sure to use them beforehand.
- Information concerning your previous order on Zomato will be removed. You won’t be able to seek help in Live Chat support for any of your recent orders.
- All your saved addresses, bookmarks will be gone, accompanied by account-specific promos and offers.
Steps to remove your Zomato Account
1] Head over to www.zomato.com and log in with your e-mail ID and password (or whatever authentication process you use).
2] Look for your profile tab present on the top right corner of the webpage. Tapping it will reveal options like Profile, Notifications, Bookmarks, Network, Settings, etc. Select “Settings.”
3] Once you are into settings tab, scroll down and look for “Edit Profile” heading. Tap on the “Security” option under the same.
4] The page will display a “Delete my account” option. This option will help you in deleting your Zomato account.
5] Once you click on Delete my account option, you’ll get a pop-up dialogue box as shown below. Enter the reason for deleting your account on Zomato. Nonetheless, you are free to leave it blank as well. Now, tap on the red colored “Delete my account” button.
6] Once done, you’ll be logged out, and your account will be permanently deleted from the platform.
Alternatives to Zomato in India
If you are planning to switch from Zomato, there are a couple of other options for the same in India. Notably, you can use other popular food delivery services like Uber Eats and Swiggy. You can also try looking for availability of Food Panda, Faasos, TastyKhana, FreshMenu, Box8, Cookaroo, FoodMingo, Just Eat and others in your locality. On the other hand, Pizza and Burger lovers can opt for Domino’s, McDonalds and Pizza Hut Home Delivery services.
So, this was a simple method on deleting your Zomato account. Let us know why did you plan to do the same. Also, don’t forget to tell us about what’s your favorite food delivery service. Stay tuned for more such articles.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android