With the Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system, Google introduced split-screen mode. Then the company has improved it in the later versions of the OS including Android Nougat, Oreo, and P. However, the sole purpose of this feature is to utilize your additional screen size. But most of the users are unaware of the procedure to enable and disable it. In this guide, we will share how to enable split-screen mode in Android, so you can use two apps side by side.
What can you do with Split Screen Mode
With the split screen mode, you can use two different apps on the same screen as two different windows. Most of the new Android smartphones come with this feature, and it lets you run apps on the same screen as two windows.
For a new user, it might feel like a tough task. But if you know the correct procedure, it is the most useful feature in Android smartphones. Just follow the steps provided below to enable and disable split screen mode on Android smartphones and tablets.
How to enable split-screen mode in Android
Even though the Android Operating System has the stock method of split-screen, it differs from OEMs to OEM. In Stock Android and some other Custom Android versions like Samsung TouchWiz UI, you can enable the split screen mode in a simple, easy method.
You do not need to turn on any extra settings to get the feature. Here is the simple method to use two apps side-by-side on a single window, from stock Android UI and custom ROMs like CyanogenMod, LineageOS or Resurrection Remix.
- Open two apps you want to use in multiwindows.
- Tap on the recent apps button.
- Tap and hold on the first app you want to be in the top half.
- Drag it to the top
- Now it will appear in half-screen, and you can select the other app to add on to the bottom half.
Samsung TouchWiz UI
In Samsung smartphones running on Android operating System topped with TouchWiz UI, you need to adopt a different way compared to the stock method.
- Open the apps.
- Go to the first app to put in split-screen.
- Tap and hold the recent apps button.
- It will move the current app to the upper window, and you can now select another app.
- Open any app.
- Swipe from left to right using knuckle gesture. (Force touch on the screen using finger knuckle)
- Now the current app will appear on a split-screen interface. You can open another app in leftover place.
HTC Sense UI
- Open the app you desire to use in split-screen mode
- Press and hold on the recent apps button
- Select the other app from the list
- Open any Split Screen supported the app. (Not every app are supported in Vivo smartphones).
- Swipe from top to bottom on the screen using three fingers simultaneously.
- Now you can choose the second app to fill the screen.
- Open at least two apps you want to multitask.
- Tap on recent apps button.
- Touch & Hold any of the apps from the window.
- Drag it to the top area shows “Drag here to use split screen.”
- Select the other app from the bottom half.
In every Android UI, you can adjust the space for any of the app. It will affect the size of the other app interface.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android