This October saw the American tech giant Google unveil there latest flagship device Google Pixel 3 XL. The device houses one of the best cameras ever featured in a phone along with latest AI technologies developed by Google. However, the cut-out display, commonly known as ‘Notch’ is one of the ugliest we have ever seen in a device. Here is how to hide notch in Google Pixel 3 XL.
So if you are someone who wishes to have your hands on the latest device from Google, and the notch seems to be the only thing standing in your way. Or if you are someone who owns the device and wishes to get rid of Notch to make the usage happier. Google, itself gives you an option to hide or disable the Notch. This guide includes the steps to hide or disable the notch in Google Pixel 3 XL smartphone.
How to hide notch in Google Pixel Smartphones
Warning: The Geeks Club does not recommend everyone to try these settings in their Google Pixel 3 XL smartphones. We are not responsible for any damages.
Don’t worry, it is completely an official method only. Just follow the steps carefully:
- Open Settings > Scroll down to About Phone > Tap Build number 7 times.
- Now you have enabled ‘Developer options > then enter your PIN Pattern or Password to continue.
- Navigate back to the Settings page > scroll down and click on Developer options.
- Click on Display cutout > Select the option named Hide.
That’s it, now you have your Google Pixel 3 XL without the notch. What this option really do is switching off the display pixels in that area, so you lose a considerable amount of screen space. You will find that notifications, battery indicator etc will now be displayed below their original position. Now you can enjoy using Google Pixel 3 XL with a much better appearance and as a display.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android