You ever wanted to record your screen on Android? Like everything, you do on the screen, including your voice? Not all Android operating system version comes with the native integration to record the smartphone screen. On the other hand, Apple iPhones with OS version iOS 11 or later have native screen recorder option. But in Android, you can use third-party apps to record your screen.
Smartphone users tend to record the device’s screen activity for many reasons. You can use it for sending some organization or service center as proof of your smartphone’s software issue. If you want to show someone your smartphone activities as a video, screen recording is the best option. Moreover, the smartphones tutorials can be made quickly understandable with the recorded screen snaps. You can even to upload them to a community or a platform.
How to record your screen on Android using Third Party Apps
You should know that Phones with custom UIs come with screen recording capabilities. They are usually available in the action center. I don’t see any screen recording options on any stock running smartphones. Here are the most helpful top three apps available for Android phones which do not have this feature inbuilt.
- AZ Screen Recorder
- ADV Screen Recorder
- Android Q In-built Recorder
- DU Recorder
1] AZ Screen Recorder
The App comes with over a dozen features, supported with Ads. Excitingly, it offers unlimited recording time, access to edit features added to the video during recording, and more. As even being a free app, there is no overlay watermark, so you get it for free. After recording, you can edit the video, add elements, trim it down and more. The AZ Screen Recorder, like DU Recorder, comes with a floating navigational button for controls.
How to record the smartphone screen using AZ Screen Recorder:
- Install and Open the app.
- From the floating overlay window, tap on “Record,” and start using.
- You can also get other controls from the settings panel.
- After you finish recording, the video will suddenly appear on the screen on a floating dock.
Unfortunately, the obsessive amount of ads might disappoint the user experience. Also, there is no floating video controller available. You need to pull down the notification panel and manually tap the notification controller to stop recording.
2] ADV Screen Recorder
The ADV Screen Recorder is a lightweight screen recording tool that comes with a minimal amount of features. You can barely control the video recording to an advanced level, but that’s what it makes an app for minimalists.
After you start recording, you will have a single floating button the screen to stop recording. That is the only essential control available, and it helps to stay pure. But if you want to pause and edit video in the half-way, you might need to enable the newly added experimental features. They are not confirmed stable.
How to record screen using ADV Screen Recorder
- Install and Open the app.
- Tap on “Camera Shutter” icon at the top.
- Stop Recording by tapping the floating icon on the screen.
- Apart from the above methods, many Android UIs offer native recording tool. For example, Vivo’s FunTouchOS and Resurrection Remix OS have the feature that all the above third-party apps consist.
3] Android Q In-built Recorder
Android Q offers inbuilt screen recording, but it is disabled by default. You need to enable it from the Developer Options. Find complete instructions here.
4] DU Recorder
DU Recorder is a free screen recording and video editing app available for both Android and iOS. All the features in the app are available entirely for free and with no-advertisements. The developers offer a high-quality screen recording output data highest frame rate of 60FPS. While recording the smartphone screen using DU Recorder, you can turn on the front camera of your device using “FaceCam” feature.
The app supports Live streaming of screen recording with Youtube, Facebook, Twitch, BIGO Live, etc. You can also record video calls with clear audio from both sides. Other features include an inbuilt video editor, GIF Maker, Live Creator, Drawing Brush while recording screen, etc.
To record using DU SCreen Recorder:
- Download and Install DU Recorder – Screen Recorder, Video Editor, Live.
- Open and tap on the Camera button at the bottom.
- Do as whatever you want.
- Use the floating button to control anything about recording.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android