We have touched on the Health and Fitness features available in Apple Watch Series 4 but the list does not end there. It has even more, including Walkie-Talkie. It is a fun new feature that mimics decade-old walkie-talkies, used as an affordable means of communication. So, if you own an Apple Watch, here’s how you can use Apple Watch Walkie-Talkie mode to instantly connect with your contacts.
How to use Apple Watch Walkie-Talkie mode
This watch-to-watch connection enables you to send short voice messages to the chosen contacts. It works over both, cellular and Wi-Fi connection. It is easy to use. When you press to talk or speak something, your friend will experience a haptic shock and thereafter, hear your voice message.
- Make sure that FaceTime is turned on. If you do not have it installed, Download the FaceTime app.
- Open the Walkie-Talkie app on your Apple Watch.
- Tap the Plus icon, then choose a contact.
- Wait for few seconds until your friend accepts the invitation. During this brief period, you’ll notice that the contact card stays gray and is labeled “invited” until the request is accepted.
- Once accepted, the contact will turn yellow and you can kickstart the conversation instantly.
- If your friend or the contact can’t find the invitation, check if the ‘Do Not Disturb’ feature is turned ‘On’.
- Touch and hold the bottom of the watch face, then swipe up to open Control Center. If Do Not Disturb is on, tap Do Not Disturb icon.
- Now, open the Walkie-Talkie app on your Apple Watch and tap a contact.
- Touch and hold the ‘Talk’ button, to say something.
If the “connecting” message is visible on the screen, wait for few seconds to allow the connection to be established. When connected, your friend can hear your voice and talk with you instantly. Turn the Digital Crown to adjust the volume level.