iOS 12 introduced several changes including minor tweaks and new and updated features but not all of them qualify to find a space in the list of hidden iOS 12 features. We have handpicked some great hidden features that we discovered in the Apple’s latest iOS 12 release. Take a look at the list given below.
Hidden iOS 12 features list
- Automatic Updates – In Settings > General > Software Update, you can now choose to automatically update your iOS device. It will run in the background without seeking the user’s approval.
- Two new accents – In addition to American, Australian, or British accents, you’ll notice Irish and South African also listed in iOS 12.
- Flip FaceTime Camera: Tap on the three dots or menu, and you should see Flip camera menu.
- Battery Percentage: Swipe to control center, and you can see the battery percentage.
- USB Accessories – This will help you to securely connect USB accessories. It will also make sure to strengthen privacy furthermore against sophisticated threats.
- FaceTime shortcuts in Messages– You can see handy shortcuts in Message. You can instantly start the audio call, FaceTime, or just view info of the person you’re messaging.
- Lyrics Data – Don’t remember the Album name but know how it goes? Type a few lines and Apple will find the album for you.
- Air Quality in Weather app – Monitors air quality.
- QR Code – Holding down on a QR code now offers you some extra options for an action based on its content.
- Loud music warning message – The music player now alerts you when you’re just about to exceed safe volume limits.
- Additional time limit for deleted images – Recently deleted pictures will stay up to 40 days now.
- Transfer Audio – iOS 12 supports a feature to allow you to transfer audio from calls to Apple Watch.
- New checkmark animation – The new icon confirms that your message was delivered when you invoke Siri to send a message.
- Apple Books – There’s a fresh new look given to Apple Books app. The navigation options have been reworked to make it easier for users to discover, read and listen to their favorite books. A new Reading Now tab shows a preview of your most recently read book and pick up from where you last left off.
- Keyboard – Turn the QuickType keyboard into a trackpad by simply touching and holding the space bar. No 3D Touch required.
- Photo link sharing – When sharing photos, the app can create an iCloud link which is going to be viewable for 30 days.
- New Language dictionaries – Three new language dictionaries:
- Arabic and English bilingual dictionary.
- Hindi and English bilingual dictionary and,
- Hebrew dictionary in addition to the earlier ones.
- Improved Face ID – Face ID now works with open mouth.
- Favicons in Safari on iPad – You can view website favicons on tabs in Safari. This will help you to identify your open tabs at a glance.
Which of Hidden iOS 12 Features is your favorite? Let us know in the comments.