YouTube has 1.5 billion active monthly users who stream videos from this platform on their mobile phones. According to stats, most of them use YouTube for listening to the hit songs by the famous artists across the globe. However, mobile users can’t listen or Play YouTube Videos in the Background while using WhatsApp or other services. The video stops playing when we click home button or when someone locks the phone. That’s a terrible issue.
YouTube offers background playing support with the YouTube RED program. It’s like a youtube background app which works with the screen off. But, since it is a paid premium service, most of the users cannot afford that. If you are one of them, we have a simple solution for that.
How to Play YouTube Videos in the Background with the screen off in Android Phone
There are multiple solutions available for this issue, but we are explaining the most straightforward technique only. So follow this carefully, and everyone can do this quickly without any problems. You need to have Google Chrome app installed on your Android smartphone. If you don’t have it already, download it now from the Google Play store.
- Open YouTube app on your smartphone. Then search for your desired music video.
- Click on the video to play. Then tap on the ‘Share’ button located at the menu bar of the video.
- It will now open the Share menu. Here you can find a button top copy the URL of that video. Tap on it.
- Now close the YouTube app and open Google Chrome browser on your phone.
- Now paste the URL you copied from the YouTube app on the browser search box. It will open the video in the browser.
- Now tap on the three vertical dots icon on the top right portion. Tap on it to access browser menu.
- Find an option named ‘Desktop Site‘ in the menu. Tap on the checkbox. Now you have enabled the desktop mode for Google Chrome.
- Now you can listen to the youtube videos in the background. You can even control the video playback with the menu in the notification center. You can continue to play YouTube Videos in the Background on your android phone in a locked condition
That’s done. It is simple as that. Try this with all videos you want to listen. You can skip the step to copy paste the URL when on the YouTube desktop view. You can find your favorite videos by searching on the desktop site itself. Uncheck the Desktop Mode option to switch back to Mobile view.