You are a blogger, or you are going to start, and this is the reason why you are here! There is no doubt that blogging brings new customers, increase brand awareness and hence, increase revenue. But what if you start blogging but don’t perform SEO?
It will ruin your efforts, investment, and time. This is because SEO is the only thing that will help you in ranking on SERP. Google keeps updating the SEO algorithms after several months.
However, this article will be explaining the updated guidelines for writing the Blog Posts.
1. Keyword Research
The initial and the most essential thing for On-page SEO because this will be the word for which your site will be ranking. But for this, you need to understand how to select the potential keyword for your blog post.
For selecting this, you need to research the specific keyword that can be possible through different keyword explorer tools. Here are some popular tools for your consideration:
- Google Search Console
- Ahrefs Keywords Explorer
- Moz Keyword Explorer
Numerous factors need to be seen when considering the keyword for your post. Here is the list of these factors:
- Volume: The average monthly search of that keyword on Google
- CPC: The average Cost per Click (CPC) that needs to be paid to Google AdWords
- PD: The competition of the keyword with relevant other words
- SD: The average competition in the organic keyword.
Now, after you analyze all of these, select the keyword that contains a high volume keyword with more PD but less SD.
Selecting the high-volume keyword would help you in getting more traffic when ranking on the first page; the same is the case with high PD. However, SD would tell you how difficult it is to rank on that keyword, so it should be low.
How to use keywords in your blog?
Here is the way of using the keyword in your blog post:
- It would be best if you used the keyword in the title of the post. Moreover, it would help if you placed the keyword in starting, and this way, the chances of ranking would increase.
- Include the keyword multiple times in your article. Write the post for humans, not for computers. It would help if you wrote the keyword in the way that it should look natural.
- The best way to produce the relevancy of the keyword is to use LSI keywords along with the main keyword. This would help you in ranking as this type of article will look natural.
The keywords that are written at the below of SERP are actually the LSI keywords that are relevant to the main keyword. This way, you can use these keywords to make relevancy and increase the ranking.
There are two types of linking in SEO, including internal linking and backlinking. Both of these linking are essential in SEO. We have sorted out the difference between them.
Internal Linking: The hyperlink that directs the user from one page of your website to another page. This helps the user to spend more time and find relevant data on your website.
Google recommends internal linking because it provides more readability to the user. Instead of finding the relevant content over the search engine, the user can find it on your website.
The internal linking is totally free that requires minimal effort, so you should do more internal linking.
The above picture shows how Wikipedia has given seven backlinks in a single paragraph.
Backlinking: Backlinking is the links that are placed on someone’s website, but it directs the user to your site. Backlinks are more important than the internal linking because it makes more reference to your website on the search engine.
The search engine ranks the website that contains more references through backlinking. However, Backlinking is usually done through the guest posting, and the quality of backlinking depends upon the domain authority of the website.
All of the above SEO tactics are often useful when having accurate content. Writing a simple wording is not the task, but writing it with optimization and SEO guidelines is a performing task.
Your content should be marketed in a way that is recommended by the search engines. Below are some of the things which need to be considered when writing the content:
About 80% of people will read your heading, but 20% will read the article after the headline. The headline of a blog is also known as convincing power. Your headline should be convincing the user to read your blog and visit your blog.
If you have already published an article without optimization, then you can easily change the headline. But remember, you shouldn’t change the URL of the post; instead, use 301 redirects.
Numerous headline optimizer tools can be used to generate a better headline according to your blog and keyword. You can use tools like Sharethrough, Blog Post Headline Analyzer.
Above an example of a post of Neil Patel, he uses the headline that interacts with the user who does don’t know the SEO.
Use original content
Original content is the key to getting ranked on search engines, especially Google. As Google always prefer the website with innovative and unique content. However, having duplicate content may vanish your post or even website.
Optimization for Sub-heading and paragraphs
Your content should contain both text readability and SEO friendly, and for this, your heading and paragraphs should be optimized.
Here is the list for optimizing your content:
- Create more sub-heading as people usually read the sub-heading to get the idea. Use H2 in your sub-heading for search engine optimization.
- Use your keyword several times in your content that would help your article to create relevancy.
- Add images to your paragraphs with the addition of image ALT text to rank your pictures too.
- Add the summary/conclusion at the end of the content because its search engine recognizes your summary as meta description in SERP.
The strength of the content is dependent on the readability of the users. However, SEO is a compulsory fact in today’s world because it’s a type of marketing that is compulsory for every business.
The above techniques for SEO friendly writing are the most essential things that need to be considered while performing the SEO for your site.