Apple rolled out a major update of for iPhone and iPad–iOS12– which not only brings in performance improvement but also new features, e-SIM support, and more. If you have an iPhone, and you are still wondering if you should be upgrading, and what are the new features, and if the performance is worth it, then here are the iOS 12 FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
iOS 12 FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Most of the Frequently Asked Questions are compatibility related Q&As: Here’s a list of some Frequently Asked Questions about iOS 12 along their answers given in brief.
- Should I update my iPhone to iOS 12
- How to check the compatibility of your device
- How do I upgrade to iOS 12
- What’s new in iOS 12
- Can’t remember my Apple ID
- Will my iPhone run faster after updating to iOS 12
- How do I install or switch the SIM card while updating to iOS 12
- Do apps supported by iOS 12 launch any faster
- How to update automatically to iOS 12.0
- How do I create a backup of my device before installing iOS 12
- How to create additional space for an iOS 12 update
1] Should I update my iPhone to iOS 12
More often than not, Apple users ponder over this question whenever a new update is rolled out. It is always advisable to run the latest update as it helps in optimizing the performance of compatible iOS devices.
2] How to check the compatibility of your device?
To see if your device is compatible with the latest iOS update, visit this link. This list features all the models compatible with iOS 12.
3] How do I upgrade to iOS 12?
Updating your iOS devices to the latest update release is easy. Still, if you’re not sure of how to get started, we’ve got a guide for you.
- Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- Then choose Settings and go to General section
- Here, select Software Update option to Download and Install the software update.
If prompted, enter your passcode.
4] What’s new in iOS 12
The twelfth major release of the iOS mobile operating system offers many new features and management capabilities to read all about them, see our post – List of new features in iOS 12.
5] Can’t remember my Apple ID
Worry not, if you have forgotten or fail to remember your Apple ID contact Apple Support. The webpage provides all the necessary instructions to reset or recover your Apple ID password or unlock your account.
6] Will my iPhone run faster after updating to iOS 12
Whenever it comes to introducing new enhancements and accommodating the latest improvements, speed and responsiveness are among the top elements desired.
So, everything you expect to do across the iOS 12 compatible device should be faster and more responsive. Apple has left no stones unturned to overhaul iOS for performance across its device lineup.
7] How to install or switch the SIM card while updating to iOS 12?
- Insert a paper clip or SIM eject tool (sold separately) into the small hole of the SIM card tray, then push in toward your Apple device to eject the tray.
- Remove the tray and place the SIM card in the tray. (Please note that the angled corner determines the correct orientation)
- Insert the SIM card tray back.
- If prompted, carefully enter the PIN for the SIM card.
8] Do apps supported by iOS 12 launch any faster?
Apple claims all the apps supported by iOS 12 launch up to 40% faster in day-to-day use compared to the same devices running iOS 11.4. Even while multitasking with a large number of apps running simultaneously, you can notice the apps launching up to two times faster.
9] How to update automatically to iOS 12.0.?
With iOS 12, you can have your iOS device update automatically. To turn on automatic updates, go to Settings > General > Software Update > Automatic Updates.
Enable ‘Automatic Updates’ to automatically update to the latest version of iOS. Some updates might need to be installed manually.
10] How to create a backup of my device before installing iOS 12?
You can easily create a backup of your device with iCloud before installing the iOS update. For this,
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network. Then, go to Settings > select your name and choose iCloud.
- Next, tap iCloud Backup > Back Up Now. Stay connected to your Wi-Fi network until the process is completed successfully.
- If required, you can check the progress by navigating to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
- There, under Back Up Now, you’ll notice the date and time of your last backup.
It is always recommended to have a copy of your important information just in case you need it.
11] How to create additional space for an iOS 12 update
When you’re updating your iOS device wirelessly, you might see a message that there’s not enough space on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Below mentioned methods can troubleshoot the issue.
- Plug your device into your computer and update using iTunes.
- Delete content from your device and try to update again.
- Manage the storage on your device with recommendations (Go to Settings > General > [device] Storage. Then, scroll to the Recommendations section to see tips)
While we have tried to bring in all the answers to iOS 12 FAQs, let us know if you still have questions around iOS 12. Apple updates are known to be little tricky for older devices, so if you have one, it could be important.