Nowadays, the Internet and broadband connections are very common in every home. However, there might be some issues that give you a bad experience with your broadband or wireless connection. It mainly includes several issues such as bad connection, poor signal strength, and range problems. Most of these issues are related to the range capacity of your router. But we have a solution for that. This guide discusses how to use Android Phone as WiFi Repeater
For those who don’t know, Wi-Fi repeater is used to extend the signal coverage area of your Wi-Fi signal. It works by receiving your existing Wi-Fi signal, amplifying it and then transmitting the boosted signal. But this feature is not available for all Android devices, but many of the leading manufacturers always include this feature in their smartphone models.
Steps to use Android Phone as Wi-Fi Repeater
You can easily convert your Android smartphone or tablet to a working Wi-Fi repeater for accessing the data in long ranges. Follow the steps mentioned below to do that. Some OEMs pack their devices with this feature integrated with the custom skin. But you can still use this feature on other devices with some tricks. We should depend on third-party apps to establish the extended connection. Below are the best apps for that.
NetShare no root tethering app
- Download and install the ‘NetShare – no-root-tethering’ app from the Google Play store. This app is used for creating Wi-Fi repeater networks.
- Launch the app from the home screen, then you will find a tab named Share internet connection, click and enable that setting.
- Now you have successfully enabled the Wi-Fi repeater feature in your Android phone. You can now connect to this Wi-Fi network using the same network password or access key.
Netshare – Extend Wi-Fi network app
- Download and install ‘Net Share – Extend a Wifi network to all devices‘ app from the Google Play store. This is the second option, in case the first app fails to establish the connection.
- Just like the above app, this one also requires you to enable the internet sharing. For that, tap on the button named start sharing.
- This app will show you some important information related to your connection. It includes the SSID, Password and the network security. Use these details to connect on other devices.
These are the best apps to establish an extended Wi-Fi network. It helps you access the network even if you are far away from the main router location. However, these apps just receive the original signal and amplify it to its range. You will have to use the special proxy settings to access the internet with the extended network. Each app suggests its own method to set up the proxy, follow them accordingly to successfully connect to the original network.
Let us know if these apps work for you, and actually helped you to fill the blind spot in your area by extending the original WiFi source.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android