Apple Watch Series 4 is a robust smartwatch. The digital wearable packs in some awesome safety and health-related features. In our earlier post, we explained how to use the all-new ‘Fall Detection’ feature. This post focuses more on using the Apple Watch Emergency SOS feature offered in Series 4.
SOS on Apple Watch allows you to quickly call emergency services in case you need help. The option, when enabled, lets your watch ping pre-configured emergency contacts with a text message. As such, you can let them know that you’ve activated SOS.
Activating Apple Watch Emergency SOS Feature in Series 4
To use Emergency SOS on your Apple Watch Series 4, your iPhone needs to be nearby. If it isn’t, your Apple Watch should be connected to a known Wi-Fi network and you must have Wi-Fi Calling set up. On cellular models of Apple Watch, you can also use a cellular connection.
With all things set up, you will be able to make a quick call. So, do the following,
- Press and hold the side button on your watch to force the Emergency SOS slider to appear.
- Continue to hold down the side button and wait for a countdown to begin and an alert to sound. You can also drag the Emergency SOS slider.
- When the countdown ends, your watch automatically calls emergency services. If you start the countdown by accident, release the side button to end the call.
- When the call gets ended, your Apple Watch will send a text message to all your emergency contacts with your current location (Even if the Location Services is turned off, it will be enabled temporarily).
- Also, if your location is changed, it will be reflected instantly, and your contacts will get an update.
If you are a hardcore Apple product user, make sure to enable the Apple Watch Emergency SOS Feature. Even if you cannot call, you can help and alert your emergency contacts.
Did you find this feature useful? Let us know in the comments and also your experience of Apple Watch Series 4.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android