Amazon Fire TV Stick is an excellent device if you want to stream videos from services like Netflix, Amazon Prime and more. One of the useful available features is —Cast to Fire TV Stick. It is very similar to Google Chromecast. You can cast almost anything to firestick from your Android smartphone or any device which supports casting. In this guide, we are sharing how to cast media from Android to Amazon Fire TV stick.
How to cast media from Android to Amazon Fire TV stick
Amazon Fire TV app doesn’t have an option to stream to the Fire stick. So, we will have to depend on other third-party apps to do that. Here we suggest you download and install the most available casting app named as LocalCast. The app makes it possible to cast to Amazon Fire TV stick from Android
To use it, you need to install on both on your smartphone and Fire TV Stick. Download it from the Google Play Store and on the Fire TV from the Amazon store. Fire TV Stick uses Amazon’s Android store to install apps. After installing the app on the stick, follow the steps provided below.
- Install the latest version of both the apps.
- Open the LocalCast app on your Android phone.
- You can find a yellow-coloured button at the bottom of the app. Tap on it!
- You need to make sure that both of your devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
- The app will now display the list of available casting devices. By default, the casting device will be Google Chromecast. Just tap on the change button and change the casting device to Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Now the app will connect to the stick and will be ready to rock n roll.
That’s it! You have successfully established the connection between your phone and the Fire TV Stick for casting media content like images, movies, music, etc. from the Android phone to the TV.
When Fire TV Sticks launched, it came with several Google applications, including the world’s most important content consuming platform YouTube. However, soon after during the digital content war between Amazon and Google, they pulled off the support for YouTube app on Fire TV devices. Then the company forced the users to use the built-in browsers to stream from YouTube. However, that’s an unfinished workaround. But still, you can cast the content from your Android phone to the TV without much hassle.
We hope the tutorial was easy to follow, and you were able to cast from Android to Fire TV stick. You should be able to mirror your phone if you have a casting option available on your phone.