With the launch of Amazon Fire TV Stick, all LED Televisions in our homes have gotten a facelift. It helps to convert a normal TV to a fully functional smart TV. At the same time, Fire TV Stick got more attention because of its worthy pricing and easy to access screencasting features. Google Chromecast was the only one fully functional casting device in the market till Amazon’s Fire TV stick arrived. In this guide, we are sharing how to cast media from Android to Amazon Fire TV stick.
When Fire TV Sticks launched, it came with several Google applications including the world’s biggest content consuming platform YouTube. However, soon after during the digital content war between Amazon and Google, they pulled off the support for YouTube app in Fire TV devices. Then the company forced the users to use the built-in browsers to stream from YouTube. However, that’s an unfinished workaround. But still, you can cast the content from your Android phone to the TV without much hassle.
How to cast media from Android to Amazon Fire TV stick
Amazon Fire TV stick does not come with a default setting for media casting. So, we should depend on other third-party apps to do that. Here we suggest you download and install the easiest casting app named as LocalCast. It is available for both Android devices and Amazon Fire TV stick.
- Install the latest version of both the apps.
- Open the LocalCast app in your Android phone.
- You can find a yellow-colored button at the bottom of the app. Tap on it!
- You need to make sure that both of your devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
- The app will now display the list of available casting devices. By default, the casting device will be Google Chromecast. Just tap on the change button and change the casting device to Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Now the app will connect to the stick and will be ready to rock n roll.
That’s it! You have successfully established the connection between your phone and the Fire TV Stick for casting media content like images, movies, music, etc from the Android phone to the TV. Now you can browse and select media contents in your phone to cast to the TV.