WhatsApp has become one of the most popular social media networks in the world. With over 1.5 Billion active monthly users, WhatsApp witnesses over 60 Billion messages per day on their platform. However, it doesn’t work well for everyone. WhatsApp is becoming a major disturbance for a good percent of mobile users. It is called information overload. Some people even find it difficult to handle the message flood and boring Good Morning – Good night texts, and status images. If you are one of them, we recommend you to delete your WhatsApp account. But WhatsApp has no support system to delete your account. So you will have to do it yourself. Don’t worry; we got you covered.
Note: Deleting your account will:
- Delete your account from WhatsApp.
- Erase your message history.
- Delete you from all of your WhatsApp groups.
- Delete your Google Drive backup.
Steps to delete your WhatsApp account permanently.
Follow the steps carefully. We will guide you to delete the WhatsApp account associated with your phone number. With this guide, you can destroy your WhatsApp data as well. So that, nobody gets access to them.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet. You can delete Whatsapp account without sim, but only when you are connected to WiFi. However, it needs to be installed and configured on the phone prior to deleting.
- Launch WhatsApp app on your Android smartphone. We hope you know how to do that!
- You can find the menu options button on the top right corner (three vertical dots). Tap on it. It will reveal the menu options for WhatsApp.
- Tap on; ‘Settings’, then it will open the WhatsApp general settings window. There you can find plenty of options for your convenience. Tap on the section named as ‘Account’.
- It will now open your account settings. Tap on the last option – ‘Delete my account’. It will now open the confirmation window. WhatsApp will warn you about the risks of deleting your account. Read them carefully before proceeding.
- If you have made your decision, it is time to do that. Now select your country from the drop-down box. then enter your phone number in the box provided. Then tap on the final button ‘DELETE MY ACCOUNT’.
Done! This is how you delete your WhatsApp account. WhatsApp won’t bother you anymore with unwanted messages and boring good morning wishes.
How to restart your WhatsApp account after deleting
Even if you delete your Whatsapp account, you can reactivate it.
- Download and install WhatsApp app from the Google Play Store.
- Open the app on your device and verify your phone number with the app. It uses OTP (One-Time Passcode) to verify the phone number.
- After verifying the number, follow the on-screen steps to start your account right away.
Remember, you are no longer associated with any groups. It is completely a new account and uses it accordingly.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android