This tutorial will show you how to install Deb files on iPhone/iPod/iPad using Window Computers. Here you are going to see four different methods; some are difficult and easy. You can choose any means which suits you. In this tutorial the deb file used is TGC.deb.
How to install Deb files on iPhone/ iPod/ iPad
- Mobile Terminal
First Method By Using WinSCP
- Install OpenSSH on your iPhone from Cydia.
- Download and install the WinSCP in your Window Computer.
- Click on the WinSCP logo to download.
- Make sure your SSH is enabled. You can check on SBSettings or you Cydia packages section.
- Open the WinSCP and click “New.” Now fill the login details in your WinSCP.
- Host Name: Wi-Fi IP Address.
- To find your IP address, go to the SBsettings, or simple way is Settings>>Wi-Fi>> your router>> Your IP
- Port: 22
- user name: root
- password: alpine (it’s default password, but if you change your root in Cydia then use that one instead of this)
- File protocol: SCP (It’s essential to choose SCP unless you aren’t able to open Terminal)
- Click on “Log in.”
The connection to your iPhone should be established. There are two panels — one on your left side content of your PC and the right side the content of your iPhone.
You can browse your iPhone by using this arrow and coming back by clicking on this symbol.
Now navigate to the /tmp/ folder and put the deb file which you want to install in your iPhone. In this my tutorial, it’s “TGC.deb.” Just copy the deb file to the tmp folder. (Location of temp folder :root/private/var/tmp).
Finally, all the things are in right place location, and now you have installed the deb file in your iPhone/iPod/iPad. Just open the terminal by pressing CTRL+T. You can see the terminal; all you have to do is type the command:
dpkg -i /tmp/TGC.deb.
- After the installation deletes the deb file from the /tmp/ folder.
- Now Reboot your iPhone/iPod and enjoy the installed app.
The second method is by using Mobile Terminal
In this method, we will install the deb file using Cydia but with another software. You will also need to put the deb file into the tmp folder which I already mention in the previous method. After placing the deb file, you can follow this method.
- Install the Mobile Terminal via Cydia.
- After installation opens the “Mobile Terminal.”
- You can see a black interface Enter: su.
- Enter the password: alpine (if you change the password, so use that one)
- Type this command dpkg -i /tmp/TGC.deb ( Write your deb file name instead of TGC)
- Delete the deb file from the temp folder.
- Now reboot your iPod/iPhone.
Third Method by Using iFile
iFile: A File Manager and Viewer. iFile is a file manager running under user root. Works for iPhone, iPod touch and now Ipad. It allows fast navigation through the iPhone file system. You can directly view files of various types, e.g., movies, sound, text, HTML, Microsoft types, PDF, different compressed formats.
- Install the iFile via Cydia.
- Open the iFile and navigate to the tmp folder. By taping on the left arrow, you can go the tmp folder.
- Just scroll down then you can see the tmp folder. Open the folder and locate the TGC or your deb file tap it and install.
- Reboot your phone.
Fourth Method by Using iFunfox
It is a straightforward and easiest way of using Cydia to install the deb file.
- Download the iFunfox. (Click the iFunbox)
- Open the iFunfox and click on the “Cydia App Install” and drag the deb file in this location.
- Simple Reboot your iPhone/iPod.
I hope you like this tutorial, on install Deb files on iPhone/iPod/iPad. Appreciate your comments. Stay tuned for upcoming tutorial and tweak.
Comments are closed.